Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Please tell me how to cope with the third trimester with a whingy 3 year old, an annoying dh and an unkempt house!

(11 Posts)
Picante Sun 28-Jun-09 18:15:22

I just want to sleep, eat and watch TV!

Picante Sun 28-Jun-09 18:39:31

Please!

McSnail Sun 28-Jun-09 18:45:54

Aw - I know how you feel about just wanting to sleep, eat and watch tv. And I don't even have any other children, so kudos to you.

Mybox Sun 28-Jun-09 19:10:34

Can only agree how tough it can be.

The only thing I found to work was to completely exhaust them & then let them rest infront of tv whilst I sat down.

readyfornumber2and3 Sun 28-Jun-09 19:11:16

By just getting on with it!!
I feel your pain though as I am 31 weeks pg with twins and also have a 3 yo ds who doesnt understand that mummy just wants to slob on the sofa for the next 8 weeks lol

I think it would be alot easier if it was winter though!!

at least we are nearly there now smile

Mybox Sun 28-Jun-09 19:16:53

Things like lego & playdoh that take time with the child in one place are good. A bike or trike outside also can keep them occupied for ages if you've got a garden.

nowwearefour Sun 28-Jun-09 19:23:12

get dh to tidy house. 3 yr olds harder to deal with but find out why wingy and try to read a story (so you can sit down) or play colouring or put in paddling pool in garden. do you have a sandpit? occupies mine for hours!

Picante Mon 29-Jun-09 07:00:28

Thanks - I've tried all of these. DS doesn't play well on his own so I think I'll have to go to friends' houses and sod the housework!

Bumping for any more advice!

iris66 Mon 29-Jun-09 07:32:40

Picante - I'm struggling too - 20mth old, 3yr old and 39wks today sad The heat really doesn't help does it.

I'm just chucking mine in the garden with plenty of water whenever I can and I dole out paint brushes for the water (when I don't fancy paint) we're going to do cornflour goo and maybe sticking with flour & water paste today, anything that's easy to wash off.

Baking's a good one for sitting down I find and you can while away a good couple of hours with them mucking about with(& eating) biscuit or scone dough.

Treasure hunts are good for the garden or house....ie "can you find me... 3 blue things, something you have tea in, something round" And there's always CBeebieswink

good luck.

Mybox Mon 29-Jun-09 13:09:17

You'll back on these restful days when you're busy with your little one plus baby! I got home with my 2nd & thought - I'll just sit down to bf - I soon realised I'd never sit down again lol & got used to bf whilst looking after dd. Best wishes.

Hawkmoth Mon 29-Jun-09 13:17:24

I'm managing by using the telly and ice pops. On her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now