Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

34 weeks pregnant with NO appetite

(8 Posts)
McSnail Sat 27-Jun-09 10:59:29

Hi. For a while now, I've been finding it hard to eat proper meals - have been pretty much living on fruit and cereal and forcing myself to vary my diet. Carbohydrates are NOT agreeing with me, so potatoes, bread etc is a struggle to get down.

I constantly feel full - it feels how I imagine someone who'd had a gastric band fitted would feel if they over-ate - which is ridiculous when the bulk of my diet just now is fruit. It's starting to make me a bit miserable tbh. Also, I'm constantly burping/hiccuping and whenever I eat anything, I'll sick it up (in small doses) into my mouth. Ghaah - sorry, I know that's minging.

Do you think it's to do with my internal organs (inc. stomach) being squashed by the baby?

mumblecrumble Sat 27-Jun-09 16:34:43

AYe, sounds like the volume of your abdomon has been reduced by baba. I was hungry but filled upo very quick then was hungry again very soon like my tummy was small.

What about protein? How does that go with your tum?

Have you mentioned this at your midwife visits?

McSnail Sat 27-Jun-09 16:41:37

Hi - thanks for replying. No - I haven't mentioned it, but I have a MW appt soon, so will bring it up.

When you talk about protein, do you mean how does that affect my stomach? I've been trying to eat oily fish, but it's in quite tiny amounts as I don't really like the texture (heard it was good for the baby's brain though)

mumblecrumble Sat 27-Jun-09 16:59:28

I suppose what I mena is that fruit and veg have fewer calories and if carbs con;t agree then eating protein wuld be good.

I enjoyed baked beans....., beef, lentils as I didn;t have to eat loads to feel full and they are full of baby-making nutrients!

Is this your first baby? How exciting!!!! Not long to got!

McSnail Sat 27-Jun-09 17:01:38

Ah, I see.

Yes - first timer. I'm wishing time away now.

mumblecrumble Sat 27-Jun-09 17:09:48

Are you off work?

Don't let it worry you - appetite stuff seemms to change throughout pegnancy. Midwofe might advise you to make sure you're getting enough iron. Your baby will be fine but it will be your body that will need more!

Enjoy this time and be really really self indulgant - sleep in, watch shite TV, chat with friends, have long baths, watch more shite TV, read books. Day dream for hours about how gorgeous your baby will be!

Sounds like you've got some indegestion too.... HORRID!

McSnail Sat 27-Jun-09 17:12:03

Thanks.

And yes - think I might have indigestion too. Ah well - as you say, not long now.

LoveBeingAMummy Sat 27-Jun-09 17:22:14

Do mention it but please don't worry, getting PG was the best diet i ever went on!!!! I couldn't eat a proper meal from a coupld of months onwards so its not always the size of the baby. As long as what you are getting is good for you don't worry. Just eat little and often.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now