Talk

Advanced search

Pain in my right lower side......

(16 Posts)
AngelCakeUmm Sat 14-May-05 23:30:42

I am pregnant only 4-5 weeks and tonight i have quite a sharp pain in my right hand lower stomach do you knonw what this could be? is it normal?

TIA i am worrying

lilsmum Sat 14-May-05 23:35:28

ACU...i remember when pg with dd (15 mth now) at around 5 weeks i had terrible sharp pains, and i was convinced i was going to miscarry, and at the time was out for a meal with lots of people who didnt know i was pg yet, i had to wait till i got home and ran up stair in tears convinced there would be blood....there wasnt, i worried over nothing and the rest of pg was fine, i do think it is fairly normal, only if you have blood loss should you be concerned.

CrazyDi Sat 14-May-05 23:42:52

I had ds two weeks ago and throughout the whole pregnancy I got sharp nasty pains that I never experienced with either of my other two, and like you I was worried but they never caused any problems and I still have no idea what they were from.

Like lilsmum said, if theres no bleeding then dont worry yourself...just take it easy and get plenty of rest for the rest of natures lovely little pregnancy side effects!!

AngelCakeUmm Sat 14-May-05 23:42:55

Hi lilsmum thanks for that. I feel ok its just this pain niggling me. I can't explain it very well. i sort of feel pressure and heavyness on y right side but i keep getting sharp pain there too! Not like cramp or period pains.

p.s - I will have to look for your update when i get back from holiday about your test on monday, i am going away monday till friday but i am sending you loads of baby dust, i am pretty sure you will be with us

lilsmum Sat 14-May-05 23:44:19

thanks ACU...you rest, and try not to worry...thats a order and have a lovely holiday, i am very lol

AngelCakeUmm Sat 14-May-05 23:44:31

Thanks crazydi i don't have any blood at all.
With my mc in novemeber i remember having like a belly ache, like period pains then i got blood so i know it does not feel like that, i think i am just worrying

AngelCakeUmm Sat 14-May-05 23:45:29

Thanks lilsmum i will do, take care of yourself too and don't go chasing your dd around to much now she can run again

lilsmum Sat 14-May-05 23:47:04

it is prob just everything stretching hun, i can understand why you are worried though. xxxx

lilsmum Sat 14-May-05 23:47:59

dd is like a loony since tues, very funny to watch though, will never take walking in babies for granted ever again

dinny Sat 14-May-05 23:48:37

Anglecake - stretching? Think I had the same with both mine.

Hey, big congratulations

AngelCakeUmm Sat 14-May-05 23:50:48

Stretching oh yes silly me and i thought it all just fitted in nicely hmmmm lol

Thanks dinny

Lilsmum i bet you wont take walking in babies for granted after all the heartache and headache you have had. I am sooo glad she is on her feet again it ust have been so frustrating for her and you

99redballoons Sun 15-May-05 15:04:10

I've had that for all three pg's and was told it was implantation pain. It should only last a few days and then go. Always around this time. I also had brown spotting around the same time which wasn't anything to worry about. It's when it's red that you should get further advice. HTH and try and relax. Congratulations!

Pennies Sun 15-May-05 18:08:23

It could be a UTI (Unrinary Tract Infection). Try drinking some cranberry juice over the next couple of days which should help clear it up if it is a mild UTI.

If it goes on ask your GP or midwife.

HTH

lulabelle Mon 04-Jul-05 13:54:53

Hi AngelCakeUmm, I had this and I got so worked up about it I arranged an appointment at the Early Pregnancy Unit at the hospital and they found that I had a cyst that was causing the pain, they aren't worried about it, they said it is a 'simple' cyst - I suffer PCOS anyway. I went for my 12 week scan (which was actually 13 weeks) and they found another one on the other side but the previous one had gone. They told me that the pains were also probably due to stretching and really not to worry about it!

Nemo1977 Mon 04-Jul-05 13:57:19

hi hun with this baby from 4wks to about 8 i was getting quite bad cramps etc....didnt remember them wiht ds. Anyways am now 16wks pg so it was obviously just stretching etc..just take it easy hun

Loobie Mon 04-Jul-05 18:50:33

Its known as round ligamnet pain and is just basically everything beginning to soften and relax in preparation of the long months ahead.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now