Talk

Advanced search

face hair!! help have become bearded lady arghhhhhhhh!!!!

(13 Posts)
hairygirl Sat 14-May-05 20:42:16

I am not usually a hairy person i am 20 weeks pregnant and have just noticed a beard on my face its long enough and thick enough to be a beard not normal- im sure it wasnt there before i was pregnant. the hair is blonde which is why i have only just noticed it- i probabley should have been horrified weeks ago!

has anyone out there experienced the similar ? this is my 3rd baby and i definatly did not have mad hair growth in my last pregnancys.

is it because the father of the baby is hairy - or maybe the hormones are making baby and me hairy?
or something else?

what can i do? shall i shave with a razor or cream or wax- i do not want stubble for the rest of my life, but cannot leave it how it is.
horrified and hairy !

fuzzywuzzy Sat 14-May-05 20:44:58

it should fall out after you've had the baby, I had a slightly hairy tum during my first pg but thankfully not the subsequent one. Although must say furry tummys are easier to hide and the midwife did not run screaming at the sight.
I'm sure the hair isn't as bad as you think though.....

WigWamBam Sat 14-May-05 20:47:13

Mine didn't fall out; in fact, as time has gone on it's got worse.

Don't shave it off; the stubble will be itchy, and regrowth will be dark and noticeable as the ends of the hair are blunt and not soft. I have mine waxed (the fact that I can tie it under my chin at the moment probably means I'm overdue), but you should be OK using a depliatory cream.

expatinscotland Sat 14-May-05 20:57:40

Wax. If you got the means, go laser hair removal.

joash Sat 14-May-05 21:00:28

shouldn't do this but... @ WWB. She could be writing about me and my facial hair - still got it. WOnder if it's anything to do wth having 3 kiddies?

WigWamBam Sat 14-May-05 21:33:30

I've only got the one, joash, so probably not

joash Sat 14-May-05 21:43:19

OK then - perhaps its just gorgeous women that get facial hair so the rest of 'em out there stand a chance

WigWamBam Sat 14-May-05 21:44:06

Yes, yes, yes! That explains it all!

joash Sat 14-May-05 21:49:06

tigi Sat 14-May-05 22:12:49

i've got 3 babies and a hairy chin now! I've been plucking them out. I was too afraid to do anything more drastic in case it makes them worse/thicker/darker. How much is laser treatment?

Flossam Sat 14-May-05 22:15:22

When I was first pregnant DP noticed I had a few dark hairs on my face. I plucked them out sharpish and, fingers crossed they have never come back. DP laughs and checks every so often and DS is now 6 months! I'm sure it is just those bloody hormones, they have so much to answer for!

expatinscotland Sat 14-May-05 22:43:29

Laser treatment is about £200/area. If your hair is dark and your skin is fair, they should be able to remove it permanently in 3 sessions.

EmilyD Tue 17-May-05 16:36:59

I started with more hair, including wirey down my legs after giving birth and it isn't going away, in fact getting worse!

What a nightmare it is. My mistache has to be bleached every week pretty much as well, obviously an occupational hazard of having babies!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now