Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Good pregnancy info for dad-to-be

(9 Posts)
FlightofFancy Fri 26-Jun-09 11:33:26

My DH is really keen to get clued up on this pregnancy lark - I'm 9+4 with first so more confident that it's really happening, but not yet at the point where there's anything that he can really 'see' going on!

Any recommendations for good but yet sensible books/blogs/forums for blokes? Some stuff we've seen is a bit too "Mate, you're havin' a babeee... how can you get your bird to still let you out with your mates" which isn't really his style!

I'm delighted that he's interested (and know how lucky I am!) - but don't really want to encourage him to read here as I'd still like somewhere I can moan about him wink

Any ideas?

binzle Fri 26-Jun-09 11:46:01

I bought hubbie "Pregancy for Dummies", seems to enjoy it as it is written in bullet points so easy to digest plus he keeps reading bits out to me.

Beccabump Fri 26-Jun-09 13:20:36

My hubby quite liked Kaz Cookes pregnancy book but I can't remember what it's called!!!! Written from a womans perspective but gave him good insight into why I felt like I did!

namechangerforareason Fri 26-Jun-09 13:35:14

My DP found gurgle quite good when I was pregnant last year with our first. Info was easy for him to understand and he deffo felt more "in the know".

Good luck with everything & hope you are well.
xxx

diedandgonetodevon Fri 26-Jun-09 13:42:45

DH liked the 'Dad Info' website (which just happens to be partnered to MN)

www.dad.info

BelleWatling Fri 26-Jun-09 13:46:34

Avoid 'blokes guide to pregnancy' by Jon Smith. I bought it for DH (good reviews on Amazon) and he HATED it. I read it and was hmm on the pregnancy & childbirth info (eg if breastfeeding's hard at first why not just give a bottle?). It is also written in that condescending lad-lite 'hey guys, just because your baby kicks doesn't mean he'll play for England hur hur' tone.

Hawkmoth Fri 26-Jun-09 14:45:24

My DP liked Blokes Guide To Pregnancy, though he did take it with a pinch of salt. The down-to-earth biology was very helpful, and luckily for me the all-of-a-sudden-not-so-funny "evil twin sister" phenomenon. I think he would have been sobbing in the corner if he hadn't read that bit about pregnancy.

DP's knowledge of even basic biology is shocking.

Horses for courses!

PrettyCandles Fri 26-Jun-09 14:52:10

dh liked this. I thought it was OK, too.

TrillianAstrahasaJOB Fri 26-Jun-09 14:57:08

Has no-one said 'get him on here'?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now