Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

If you had an implantation bleed...

(13 Posts)
stickybean Fri 26-Jun-09 08:05:08

How long afterwards did you get a positive result on a pregnancy test?

I thought i started my period on wednesday, but was only very tiny bit of blood, then stopped, followed by more again last night.

Its been 8 weeks since my last period but thats nothing unusual for me, and i am still breastfeeding my 10 month old.
I tested negative on monday and don't want to test too soon.

Thanks in advance smile

Joy27 Fri 26-Jun-09 08:50:43

I had an implantation bleed on the day my period was due, which was red spotting on one day and brown the next, and a BFP nine days later (I didn't test in the mean time so not sure if I would have got a BFP before that point).

Good luck!

amyboo Fri 26-Jun-09 08:51:47

I had an implantation bleed with my first pregnancy. It was around the day af was due. I then took a test a few days afterwards (about 5 days after af due) and got a very strong line after less than 1 minute.

whomovedmychocolate Fri 26-Jun-09 08:52:59

I was bleeding at the point I tested and carried on for nine days. I should try again now if I were you

Ladyem Fri 26-Jun-09 09:01:49

For my first pregnancy I had an implantation bleed - really light - a couple of days before AF was due, then with this one I had just one spot of blood a week after AF was due and a week after I had a BFP. A friend of mine had her implantation bleed at 8 weeks pregnant and it lasted for 3 days, so it seems to be different for everyone!

Hope all goes well for you! smile

stickybean Fri 26-Jun-09 10:37:14

Thank you so much for your replies, i'll buy a test and do it tomorrow morning.
Fingers crossed!

YanknCock Fri 26-Jun-09 10:55:05

I had an implantation bleed at 9 and 10 DPO (pink and only when I wiped), then got a very faint positive on a cheap test at 13DPO. Next day did another cheap test (a little darker) and also a clearblue digital (positive).

PinkTulips Fri 26-Jun-09 10:58:52

2 months

blush

slight period of denial due to my dd only being 9 months old wink

+ive was faint though even at that stage, and with dd i never got a +ive at all (nor did any of the various doctors, nurses and midwives who examined me)

stickybean Sat 27-Jun-09 14:08:37

Did a test...positive
Thanks ladies. Let the worrying begin!

smile

Biglips Sat 27-Jun-09 14:11:53

grin grin

congrats

Dalrymps Sat 27-Jun-09 15:05:01

Massive congratulations! Get yourself over to '4 weeks and brincking it' grin

FabBakerGirlIsBack Sat 27-Jun-09 15:19:33

I had what I thought was implantation blood, then a very faint positive test the day my period was due, then a darker one a day or so later.

Ladyem Sun 28-Jun-09 15:19:43

Yeay!! Huge congratulations!!grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now