Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Never ever weigh yourself when pregant!!!

(8 Posts)
lynniep Thu 25-Jun-09 17:14:50

Seriously - I just did - what was I thinking?!! I weigh more than I've ever done in my life, and I'm not daft enough to think its all baby.

I blame ebay. Had it not been for ebay advertising a free listing day today I would not have got off my backside and fished the kiddy bike seat I want to sell from the garage.

I would then have not carted the scales downstairs to see how much that box weighed

I would then have not stood on them myself just to see what damage I've done in the last 4 months.

Quite a lot it seems.

Ah well, I've enjoyed it - its nice not being on a diet.

And at least I'll lose a little bit when baby is born.

Sorry, just needed to vent there. Phew, feel slightly better now in spite of being of heffalump status grin

mosschops30 Thu 25-Jun-09 17:17:04

Am also feeling hippo like, and am same size as I was full term with dd!!!!
I asked at the scan today if baby was big and sonographer looked at me and said 'no baby right size' blush

Never mind tis only time in our lives we can stuff ourselves silly and not worry about it grin happy eating!

lynniep Thu 25-Jun-09 17:18:53

and happy eating to you too mosschops grin

arolf Thu 25-Jun-09 17:28:50

oh, I did this too - luckily I'd only just gained what morning sickness had lost from me, so it wasn't so bad. That was 4 weeks ago though, and since then, my bump seems to have doubled in size, so I'm avoiding scales at all costs!

staylucky Thu 25-Jun-09 18:27:08

Haha good advice! Wish i'd seen it sooner blush

My baby seems to weight about 3 and a half stone! shock

Beccabump Thu 25-Jun-09 21:12:46

My secret is not to weigh myself at home...and I don't have to care at the hospital as they do it in kg and that doesn't count!

mrswee Thu 25-Jun-09 21:37:25

I've stayed away from the scales but can't seem to stay away from cakes! arrrgh!

VAB Fri 26-Jun-09 10:40:08

Oh that made me laugh!!

At my last weigh in I had put on just under a stone at 22 weeks - I'm going to try and not weigh myself again, it's too depressing!!

Carbs are not my friend!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now