Talk

Advanced search

When did you start to feel 'blooming'?

(26 Posts)
sifuentes Wed 24-Jun-09 16:38:36

I am nearly 11 weeks and so fed up with feeling like crap. I just want to hear the sunny stories so that i can get hopeful about maybe, possibly reaching the stage where I don't spend half the morning, and all the evening and night wonder if I'm about to be sick and wondering if I should try to seek a nap at my desk!

At 16 weeks do most of you feel gorgeous and energetic and generally bumpalicious?

[please don't tell me if you felt crap the whole 9 months. I need happy stories!!!!]

Beffnal Wed 24-Jun-09 16:43:44

I'm 15 weeks + 5 and feel fabulous! I started feeling better at 12 weeks and feel better by the day and now blooming! Have you had your scan yet? That certainly made me feel more relaxed about everything and a relaxed mummy to be is a happy mummy to be! Hope you feel loads better soon

mrswee Wed 24-Jun-09 16:45:05

I didn't exactly feel gorgeous and energetic and generally bumpalicious.... but by about 15 weeks I stopped feeling yucky and falling asleep all over the place!

it was a big relief!

mrswee Wed 24-Jun-09 16:46:45

oh yes and scans and hearing heart beats feeling movement and all that makes you feel all lovely and mummy like and helps you relax!

Reginamygina Wed 24-Jun-09 18:04:09

Sifuentes, I'm 11 weeks too and just like you, I am fed up with feeling like shite everyday, struggling to find something to eat that I actually fancy, rather than run away in disgust.

First scan on Tuesday, I can't wait! Off to a U2 concert on the 12th, I shall be err...just under 14 weeks! Bono will be glad to have a pukey/knackered/asleep/hungry/weeing/sicky fan in the audience.

hereidrawtheline Wed 24-Jun-09 18:04:57

around 8 months after DS was born grin

hereidrawtheline Wed 24-Jun-09 18:05:38

oh crap sorry just read the last sentence of the OP

um... at 13 weeks!

Wheelybug Wed 24-Jun-09 18:08:48

with dd1 - all the way through
with dd2 - still waiting and she's 15 weeks old grin. But then the last time I threw up was at 36 weeks.

Wheelybug Wed 24-Jun-09 18:09:53

But I think usually once you're through the first trimester you should be fine.

sarah293 Wed 24-Jun-09 18:12:10

Message withdrawn

Tamlin Wed 24-Jun-09 18:48:34

I'm twenty-one weeks, and while I don't feel marvellous (eg. waking up with my nose full of blood every morning is not precisely glamorous), I don't feel as if I'm suffering from the throes of some ghastly stomach flu.

In my experience, you start to bloom at about fourteen months postpartum when your chlid finally starts sleeping through the night regularly...

sifuentes Wed 24-Jun-09 19:16:57

Very funny posts. Made me chuckle a lot even though not quite what I asked for!grin
I'm sure it's the truth apart from lucky Beffnal.
A friend said to me that she didn't feel like she was herself again until a while after the baby was born but I thought that she was just being dramatic as she tends to be. Aye carumba. Well I suppose I'd best just get on with it then.
My scan is a week on Friday. It feels like the prize but I know that even if it goes well it won't magically lift the fatigue and sickness. If only. Oh well. One step at a time...God I'm pathetic at being pregnant!

weegiemum Wed 24-Jun-09 19:20:34

I never bloomed. VVVV Jealous of women who did!

have 3 dc's - dd1 is 9, ds is 7, dd2 is 5. Not sure if I am blooming yet - still on the antidepressants, so probabaly not!

Gromit78 Wed 24-Jun-09 19:43:43

I feel blooming now whilst on mat leave. I have my own time to do stuff I like, eat and sleep when I like and enjoy the lovely weather. I feel brilliant!!!! And I am sure the baby is picking up on my good vibes.

mumsiebumsie Thu 25-Jun-09 12:18:55

Up to 14 weeks I felt awful - falling asleep at my desk, run down, lethargic etc... Then at about 15 weeks all of a sudden realised the tiredness was gone - had urges to clean my flat when I first woke up in the morning (very unlike me). I'm 17 weeks now and still feel great! Long may it continue.

audreyraines Thu 25-Jun-09 13:24:47

ah damn, i forgot to bloom sad

been sick all this pregnancy, am jealous of the blooming folk.

TigerFeet Thu 25-Jun-09 13:37:10

I am budding, with perhaps a slight progression towards blossoming, at 28+5. I expect to bloom sometime in 2015 grin

McSnail Thu 25-Jun-09 13:52:17

I'm wilting on the vine. I'm 34 weeks.

audreyraines Thu 25-Jun-09 15:13:23

I expect to bloom when my dc's are in school. even then i might just lie down for a year.

staylucky Thu 25-Jun-09 18:34:24

Aww it's amazing how differently it affects everyone.

With both my pregnancies i've felt much better by about 12 weeks and have really enjoyed the bloom.

Boobs rock don't they!?

brightonbleach Thu 25-Jun-09 18:36:05

blooming what?! just kidding. am 21+5 now, have felt fabulous since about week 18-19, gleaming hair & skin (so much so that people are commenting) & generally feeling very healthy (this may also be because a newly diagnosed diabetic I can only eat brown rice haha), but seriously i feel miles better than 1st trimester, even if suddenly none of my clothes fit! I don't have many grumpy days at the mo(sure they will return at the end), feel quite energised and not so uncoordinated/woozy. enjoy!

audreyraines Thu 25-Jun-09 18:44:51

my first pregnancy was pure bliss and this one is pure hell. so so different. i wonder if they'll be completely opposite personalities...

thelollipoplady Thu 25-Jun-09 18:47:11

... if another person tells me i'm 'blooming', i'm going to sock them on their blooming nose. you do get fed up with it come the end...

corblimeymadam Thu 25-Jun-09 18:49:47

Message withdrawn

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Thu 25-Jun-09 18:49:49

pg 1 between 30-34 weeks, but i considered blooming being - not vomiting, no severe heartburn, could walk without waddling.

This pg - 19 weeks and still waiting grin

<waves to audrey>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now