Talk

Advanced search

Panic during the final stretch?

(5 Posts)
SheWillBeLoved Tue 23-Jun-09 23:17:35

I have a few weeks left. This baby is very much planned and wanted, but I can't help but at times feel absolutely terrified at the thought of having a baby. The sleepless nights, my life never being just mine again, having something depend so fully on me for so long... shock I sound a right selfish git, but is it normal? Does everyone go into panic mode when your due date isn't far off?

Survival tips greatly appreciated grin

mcfly79 Wed 24-Jun-09 03:07:46

Hi there, I've got 5 weeks to go myself and have moments like this!think it must be normal for your first baby

chaya5738 Wed 24-Jun-09 11:05:42

I have this too. I am now 38 weeks and wanting time to slow down as I don't feel ready. My DH, on the other hand, is SO excited and I feel like I am letting him down by being so nervous. But I figure once I see the baby all will change and I will be in love (I hope!)

olivo Wed 24-Jun-09 11:12:51

normal for yuor second too i think! I have 9 weeks to go and am already panicking!but i can assure you, once you see your little bundle, you'll know that you will cope!
good luck!

NellyNoKnicks Wed 24-Jun-09 11:19:31

I went through this and am sure that many women do. It's perfectly normal, but its true your life will never be the same again.... it'll be even better!! Once the baby comes it wont even be an issue because you'll want to do everything for them and make them happy.

Just look forward to meeting your little one and keep in mind that the sleepless nights wont last forever!

Best of luck to you all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now