Talk

Advanced search

BH, pre-labour pains or just baby moving in a tight space?!

(3 Posts)
lechatnoir Tue 23-Jun-09 22:27:39

All yesterday evening I was having period type cramps which continued throughout the night & woke me up a good 4 or 5 times (in addition to the usual loo/gaviscon night calls grin) - I assumed they were a precursor to labour but it all stopped in sometime in the early hours & I've had little happen all day.

Just in time for bed again today, they're starting again - rhythmic but irregular tummy cramps. I can't work out whether it's my bump tightening or the baby pushing & moving but am just hoping to goodness it might be the start of labour. Any thoughts?

Oh, I'm 41+4 & had my 2nd sweep on Sunday so not unreasonable to consider that labour might be on the horizon wink.
LCN

blinder Wed 24-Jun-09 00:38:42

Braxtons don't ache that way.

But you can have warm-up contractions for a few days before labour proper.

Sounds promising to me grin! Keep us posted!

Uspy Wed 24-Jun-09 21:02:48

Hello, sounds like what happened to me before I went into labour with first baby. I had these short episodes a few days before I went into labour.
I am due this Friday with 2nd and have been mislead by similar pains over the last 10 days ... as still not in labour now. Given that you are that far advanced though it can only mean that labour is not far off...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now