Talk

Advanced search

New car - any suggestions?

(4 Posts)
KKKKaty Tue 23-Jun-09 20:38:41

We're expecting our first baby in a few months, and currently have an elderly Polo with only two doors. We need to buy, therefore, a four door car with adequate boot space. We don't want anything too huge, aren't fussed about it going fast, and would like something fuel efficient and not too expensive. We'll probably go for something two/three years old.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I know this isn't a pregnancy related question per se, so if anyone thinks a better topic area would be better for this question, please let me know. Thanks!

lucya1980 Tue 23-Jun-09 21:14:37

i cat really advise u on what car to get, But when u do , think about who else will be travelling in the car too. We had an audi a2 with our first and it was very economical, however, it only had 2 back seats and a small boot so when the pram was in the car we couldnt get much in! We have since upgraded to a 7 seater as i am now expecting twins. Good luck with your hunt!

jaype Tue 23-Jun-09 21:32:36

New car is a good idea as there's nothing worse than breaking down with the kids in the back... Personally, when mine were small I liked having a 3 door car as there was more space to get in, fiddle with bloomin' car seats / wriggling babies forever and keep dry, rather than having to stand with your bum poking out of the door into the rain!

We managed perfectly with a peugeot 206, which could fit a mamas and papas explorer in the back and is easy to park in tiny spaces outside schools and nurseries (again, something to consider...). Testing how it fits your pram of choice is vital, though. Having said that, we are trading up shortly as both now are very tall like their dad and fight to sit behind me - I'm a relative midget who doesn't push my seat miles back, squashing their legs

MaybeAfterBreakfast Tue 23-Jun-09 21:40:37

What's your budget?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now