Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Waaah - midwife couldnt tell us the sex - Im so disappointed!!

(11 Posts)
lynniep Tue 23-Jun-09 16:47:01

Just had 20 wk scan. I made the decision to find out the sex right from the start - dh decided today about 3pm that he wanted to know too. Had scan about 4pm and the umbilical cord was between its legs. that and its little hands! The midwife really persevered but couldnt see a thing.

I know its not the end of the world and it will be nice to have the suprise - but I'd got all excited about finding out sad

ButtercupWafflehead Tue 23-Jun-09 16:48:11

Booo! Poor you!

Well, just enjoy the surprise factor I guess. Or you could book a 4d scan?

LostGirl Tue 23-Jun-09 16:51:23

It is disappointing isn't it? Same happened to us, although the very help midwife did say she was '50% sure it would be a girl'!!!! grin

Longtalljosie Tue 23-Jun-09 16:51:35

We wanted to know - but the PCT policy in W Herts is not to tell you. £100 and a trip to the Bupa hospital later, we knew. Totally worth it!

lynniep Tue 23-Jun-09 16:52:15

I know I could have a 4d scan if I were really desperate, its just they're so expensive.

I can find out at my next scan at 38 weeks, but thats so close to due date I wonder if its actually worth it!!

MamaLazarou Tue 23-Jun-09 17:16:02

Ah, how disappointing for you. Perhaps the following story may be of some consolation: A couple I know were told at 20 weeks that they were having a girl and bought all pink stuff, only to give birth to a boy! They brought the wee feller home in a pink babygro and flowery hat. grin

suwoo Tue 23-Jun-09 17:20:53

Lynnie, I had a gender scan that was completely free, but they may only be in the North West. Let me just look for a link, hold on.............

They come as far south as Birmingham.

innervision

lynniep Tue 23-Jun-09 17:30:16

thanks for that link suwoo - unfortunately not near enough to us to be worth it - but someone else might be happy as larry to see that!!

ML - yes - theres always that tale to console me wink

reikizen Tue 23-Jun-09 17:33:35

And you do find out eventually...

lynniep Tue 23-Jun-09 17:34:25

yes...only another 20 weeks or thereabouts smile

BarbaraWoodlouse Tue 23-Jun-09 17:34:29

You don't need to go for a 4D scan

We went for a Baby Bond Gender Scan at 25 weeks just to confirm what the 20 week scan told us. Nice and unrushed and significantly cheaper than 4D. Obviously different areas will be different but on our experience I would recommend them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now