Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Please Help!!!!!! GBS infection

(4 Posts)
sl003 Tue 23-Jun-09 14:07:27

hi

I am 21 weeks pregnant and i have been diagnosed that i have GBS infection.(Group B Strep).I am so upset and worrying about my baby.
Does anyone have this problem?Is there anything that i can do for it?please help me.......

Sunflower100 Tue 23-Jun-09 20:44:01

I don't know a great deal but I couldn't leave your post unanswered. I think its fairly common and the risk is during birth - but that risk can be managed through antibiotics given on a drip. YOur MW should be able to advise.

Phoenix Tue 23-Jun-09 20:46:39

Here this should help, please don't worry

kitkatqueen Tue 23-Jun-09 20:57:30

Hiya, don't panic!! I've been gbs positive in all 3 of my previous pregnancies and this time they haven't bothered to test me because the likelyhood is so high anyway

I am due baby no4 in 8 weeks and will be given antibiotics in labour. Yes it scuppered my homebirth plans but healthy babies are more important imo.

After the scare we had with dd1 ( when I had been + but not known and she was + at birth ) I am more than happy to have the antibiotics in labour and be heading home with a healthy baby within a couple of hours of giving birth.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now