Talk

Advanced search

Previous c-s scar really hurting

(3 Posts)
FattipuffsandThinnifers Mon 22-Jun-09 22:43:32

I'm 22 weeks pg, and as I've been getting bigger my c-section scar from ds (2 years ago) has got increasingly painful, to the point where it's now really sore, itchy and tender. It never really went down, has remained raised and v dark red, but didn't cause problems before. I guess it's my expanding belly that is causing the pain?

I suppose I'm a bit worried it will rupture/split open or something as I get even bigger [pathetic/paranoid emoticon].

Anyone had similar experience, and has it been ok? And is there anything I can do?

justlookatthatbooty Tue 23-Jun-09 08:59:57

Have you tried daily massage with oil? It sounds like mine was but I've been to a massage therapist who's worked on it to loosen the excessive scar tissue and now I work on it myself for a few mins each day. Lots of improvement in a short space of time. Just work on easing the tissue in all directions with your fingertips and things should start loosening up a bit. I'm 36 weeks now and have no more itching/tightness probs. Good luck!

FattipuffsandThinnifers Tue 23-Jun-09 13:34:31

Thanks for your reply. That sounds a good idea, will give it a go. What kind of oil is best? Bio-oil? Or any massage oil?

Thanks again, and good luck with the coming weeks too smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now