Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

tmi:weak pelvic floor and my bakc passage feels weak to

(12 Posts)
mama2leah Mon 22-Jun-09 14:02:41

everytime i cough/sneeze i feel like im going to wet myself on occasions accidents have happened, recently though im feeling a pressure on my back passage too, whats this all about?

blondissimo Mon 22-Jun-09 14:59:59

Hi mama2leah - I think this sort of thing is very very common after you have had a baby (I assume you have, or are you pg?)
If you are at all concerned or in discomfort, take yourself along to a nice lady gp and explain how things feel so she can check you over and give you the reassurance you need.

Hope that helpssmile

mama2leah Mon 22-Jun-09 15:02:01

had a bubs 10 months ago, and currently 33 weeks pregnant

whomovedmychocolate Mon 22-Jun-09 15:13:53

33 weeks pregnant means you have at least a stone's worth of pressure pushing down on your pelvic floor at all times. I'm not surprised you are peeing yourself. Not to mention the very short gap between pregnancies. You probably have a pelvic basement rather than floor.

Ask your midwife if you can be referred to the postnatal physiotherapist for some help post partum.

blondissimo Mon 22-Jun-09 15:26:35

Completely agree with whomovedmychocolate - it took me about 5 months for my body to feel "normal"-ish down there again, so you probably didn't recover from your first pregnancy before you hit it with another one.
Have you explained these feelings to your midwife?
It may be that you have haemorrhoids (sp), in which case you may be able to get some relief from pessaries etc.
Think I have wet myself quite a few times since the birth of my dsblush, but I am reassured by every mother I know that they were the same!!!!!

mama2leah Mon 22-Jun-09 15:52:14

oh i have piles too... oh god this is embrasing.

walkingwomb Mon 22-Jun-09 16:11:19

I have a crap pelvic floor too. My DD is 13 months and I am 25 weeks preggers. I am doing my pelvic floor exercises as I was really crap last time and paid for it afterward, but it has to be said I am not very good at remembering. Mine aches at times adn I have peed a few times when sneezing. I have worried about it too much and just try to do my exercises when i remember.

you are not alone

whomovedmychocolate Mon 22-Jun-09 17:25:41

Go to the obstetric physio ffs - they can cure this (this is to all of you leaky ladies) - don't be embarassed - it's really common.

mama2leah Mon 22-Jun-09 19:51:59

lol alright whom i got midwives appointment tmw, will see if she can refer me.

mama2leah Tue 23-Jun-09 15:19:44

saw midwife, she said nothin i cn do!

blondissimo Tue 23-Jun-09 19:39:32

Well she sounds nice! Did you ask her about being referred for physio?

mama2leah Wed 24-Jun-09 09:53:44

yup, said nothing...jus do pelvic floor exercise

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now