Talk

Advanced search

Anyone pregnant again after a gap?

(7 Posts)
Rachey1969 Fri 13-May-05 12:01:11

Im 6 wks pregnant with my fourth baby (my first by dp). My older kids are 11, 9 and 7. By co-incidence my brother was 10 and my sisters 8 and 7 when I was born so history is repeating itself! (although we had the same parents). Anyone else got experience of this situation - how has it been for you? Where did the baby sleep in a 3 bed house?! Also,my GP told me I was morelikely to have high bp with a new partner - why on earth would this be?

swedishmum Fri 13-May-05 12:38:09

Hi
Mine are now 11, 9, 8 and 16 months. To be honest I've found it a doddle this time despite being older etc. The children love having the baby around and she's very happy. Whether that's due to luck or the relaxed atmosphere I don't know! Having more pairs of eyes and hands helps too.
We're abroad renting at the moment and have a 3 bed apartment. The baby's cot is in our room, the girls (11 and 9) share and ds 8 has his own room. It's fine for now but I don't know what I'd do long term. At home in UK we have enough space but would probably look at converting the loft otherwise to give the older ones a bit more of their own space.
Good luck and congratulations!

Tinker Fri 13-May-05 15:28:07

I'm due now and my daughter is 8. No choice in age gap (different father as well). Must admit, I think teh age gap will be ok, now my daughter has mellowed towards teh theory of a sibling. We'll see what happens with teh reality. But she's pretty independent now adn I'm not stressed at teh thought of a baby. The baby will haveto sleep in our room though (2 bed house) and I'm in denial about what we'll need to do in teh future.

QueenEagle Fri 13-May-05 15:40:14

I have dd aged 13, ds aged 11, ds aged 9 from first marriage. Then I had a seven year gap before having ds3 aged 2.4 and ds4 aged 5mths with new dh. We're lucky to have a five bed house so each of the older ones have a room of their own and the two youngest now share. I find the older ones a great help at times when I need an extra pair of hands and having had three aged 4 and under before, having just the two toddlers now seems a doddle! Not sure how easy I would find it in a smaller house though.

I was always told things could be different during subsequent pregnancies if with a different partner, have no idea why that is though. I never had any problems at all though.

beckymumof3 Fri 13-May-05 16:19:22

Hi there, mine are 10,5 and 4 and i'm expecting no. 4 in Dec so the age gaps not too big really (apart from between no.1 and no.4). The baby will sleep in our room - like all the others and we'll have to think logistics further down the line...enjoy!

It is true that you are always at higher risk of pre-eclampsia when pregnant for first time with new partner - I don't think they know why though.

HTH

beckymumof3 Fri 13-May-05 16:20:15

p.s. the risk is still low though - just the same as the first time you were ever pg.

lynny70 Fri 13-May-05 16:27:19

Message deleted

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now