Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Anyone pregnant again after a gap?

(7 Posts)
Rachey1969 Fri 13-May-05 12:01:11

Im 6 wks pregnant with my fourth baby (my first by dp). My older kids are 11, 9 and 7. By co-incidence my brother was 10 and my sisters 8 and 7 when I was born so history is repeating itself! (although we had the same parents). Anyone else got experience of this situation - how has it been for you? Where did the baby sleep in a 3 bed house?! Also,my GP told me I was morelikely to have high bp with a new partner - why on earth would this be?

swedishmum Fri 13-May-05 12:38:09

Hi
Mine are now 11, 9, 8 and 16 months. To be honest I've found it a doddle this time despite being older etc. The children love having the baby around and she's very happy. Whether that's due to luck or the relaxed atmosphere I don't know! Having more pairs of eyes and hands helps too.
We're abroad renting at the moment and have a 3 bed apartment. The baby's cot is in our room, the girls (11 and 9) share and ds 8 has his own room. It's fine for now but I don't know what I'd do long term. At home in UK we have enough space but would probably look at converting the loft otherwise to give the older ones a bit more of their own space.
Good luck and congratulations!

Tinker Fri 13-May-05 15:28:07

I'm due now and my daughter is 8. No choice in age gap (different father as well). Must admit, I think teh age gap will be ok, now my daughter has mellowed towards teh theory of a sibling. We'll see what happens with teh reality. But she's pretty independent now adn I'm not stressed at teh thought of a baby. The baby will haveto sleep in our room though (2 bed house) and I'm in denial about what we'll need to do in teh future.

QueenEagle Fri 13-May-05 15:40:14

I have dd aged 13, ds aged 11, ds aged 9 from first marriage. Then I had a seven year gap before having ds3 aged 2.4 and ds4 aged 5mths with new dh. We're lucky to have a five bed house so each of the older ones have a room of their own and the two youngest now share. I find the older ones a great help at times when I need an extra pair of hands and having had three aged 4 and under before, having just the two toddlers now seems a doddle! Not sure how easy I would find it in a smaller house though.

I was always told things could be different during subsequent pregnancies if with a different partner, have no idea why that is though. I never had any problems at all though.

beckymumof3 Fri 13-May-05 16:19:22

Hi there, mine are 10,5 and 4 and i'm expecting no. 4 in Dec so the age gaps not too big really (apart from between no.1 and no.4). The baby will sleep in our room - like all the others and we'll have to think logistics further down the line...enjoy!

It is true that you are always at higher risk of pre-eclampsia when pregnant for first time with new partner - I don't think they know why though.

HTH

beckymumof3 Fri 13-May-05 16:20:15

p.s. the risk is still low though - just the same as the first time you were ever pg.

lynny70 Fri 13-May-05 16:27:19

Message deleted

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: