Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

dating scan

(4 Posts)
oldboiler Sun 21-Jun-09 21:32:28

Anyone any experience of the accuracy of dating scans? My pregnancy wasn't planned and as a result was never too sure of my dates as wasn't sure about my last period. People are now telling me how huge I am for 7 months and as a result i'm worried that I could be further on than the dating scan put me at. Is there any chance at all it could be out by a month or two or could it only really be out by a week or a few days?

SheWillBeLoved Sun 21-Jun-09 21:50:33

I doubt it'd be out by a month or two really, that'd be quite a huge error for them to miss. Don't listen to the huge or small for dates comments, every woman carries differently. I have under 4 weeks left, and don't 'look' a day over 4 months, but my fundal height is measuring 1.5 weeks ahead.

oldboiler Sun 21-Jun-09 21:53:52

Brilliant - that's good to know. Thank you. I shall relax then and try not too take it personally then when people come up to me and ask me how overdue I am (or if it's twins).

SheWillBeLoved Sun 21-Jun-09 21:57:39

grin It is annoying, and sometimes does make you question yourself and your dates! If I had a £ for every time someone has told me that I can't be as pregnant as I am, I could build a house from them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now