Advanced search

What are the best products for you and your baby? From travel systems to sterilisers, you can find out all you need to know from our Mumsnet Best reviews

Find out more

6weeks 1day.. pains just above the pelvic region..

(6 Posts)
twoplusone Fri 19-Jun-09 21:32:13

I feel stupid asking this question as this is baby number 4 but i cannot remember getting them with anyof the other pregnancies. I have had thepains since just before i found out, but they dont seem to beeaasing, they also spread into my lower back. I did question with the midwife last friday and she said it is ligaments stretching.and or implantation pains.. But if it got anyworse or I had bleeding to go for a scan.

I have had no bleeding or spotting, but the pains are still there sometimes worse than others.. in experience should i get this checked or is it normal.. I really dont want to make a fuss over nothing..

Also since 5 days before i found out I was pg I have had the shakes.. in my hands on and off!!! IS this relevant to anything..
MS well nausea no vomiting is nigh on constant too.. which I havent had before either.. Any advice is welcome even if it is telling me to stop being paranoid.....

Thank you xx

kitkatqueen Fri 19-Jun-09 21:42:58

I have had similar sounding pains at the begining with all 4 pregnancies, once the baby had moved further up it did ease each time once the baby had moved upwards more

As for the shakey hands, this can sometimes be a sign of blood pressure irregularities or blood sugar drops / peaks.

What was your blood pressure reading at your last appt?

For morning sickness, have you tried using sea bands? You can buy them from chemists, they push on a pressure point in your wrist and limit sickness, v good for morning sickness. Have you been taking folic acid? if so has the nausia worsened since then? About 50% of women are estimated to be sensitive to synthetic folic acid, causing nausia. You do need folic acid, but if you get a multivitamin by Solgar called "prenatal nutrients" it contains only natural sourced vitamins and folic acid - doesn't cause sickness.

Hope some of that helps.

kitkatqueen Fri 19-Jun-09 21:44:04

sorry bad spelling tonite

twoplusone Fri 19-Jun-09 21:48:41

Thank you ..I am taking folic acid but had ms before I was taking it.. Will see if i can geet some bands we live in Germany.. will have alook round and see what I can find. blood pressure hasnt been taken I will see if i can get in with the docs or nurse on monday as just before xmas I did have an episode of high bp.. but nothing since then. Could well be blood sugars too as not eating properly at the mo.. bad I know I think I need to make an appointment and talk to the nurse or mw and see what they have to say..
Thank you again x

kitkatqueen Fri 19-Jun-09 22:10:46

When you get pregnant your blood pressure normally drops, If you are used to yours being a bit high then that could make you feel pretty rough. Best to get it checked like u say, and lets face it none of us eat properly with morning sickness. Good luck

twoplusone Sat 20-Jun-09 08:30:13

thank you x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now