Talk

Advanced search

Is this movement? surely its too early!!

(12 Posts)
fairywing Fri 19-Jun-09 17:45:54

I'm 15 weeks exactly today. I just stuuffed my face with a load of fizzy sour sweets blush tidied the bathroom and was lying on the sofa and decided to see if i could feel the top of my uterus to decide whether i am really shwing a little or just bloated blush I had a gentle poke around, felt what i thought was the uterus then moved and curled up comfortably on the sofa when i felt a sort of gentle quick rolling sensation in my tummy about half way down from my belly button. Never felt anything like it before. Could it be an early movement? Would i feel it that strongly? Or is it just wishful thinking? This is my first by the way.

e3chick Fri 19-Jun-09 17:58:48

It could be. I felt and saw movement with my first at around that stage. Movements for me didn't sound like that though, more tickly feeling, or like little bubbles. I would not have recognised it as movements if I had not actually seen something at the same time once.
That said, your perception and experience of the sensation are individual to you so it could have been.

mummylight Wed 24-Jun-09 21:08:05

I am currently pregnant with 4th baby and felt all my babies as early as 14 weeks. At first little flutters,rolls and then kicks .

greenbeanie Wed 24-Jun-09 22:19:41

I felt my 1st at 14 weeks, a gentle fluttering/rolling movement. Proper kicks/nudges at around 17 weeks.

cornichons Thu 25-Jun-09 09:39:47

As greenbeanie, felt like someone was running their finger along the side of my stomach at 14 wks and felt proper tiny kicks at around 17 wks. I'm now almost 32 wks and I worry that my kid might be a hooligan, he's always thumping me!!!

cornichons Thu 25-Jun-09 09:41:34

PS: it's my first and whenever I told anyone who'd already has a kid they'd say: oooh, no! It's not possible! It's probably just gas.... Bollx!!!!

fairywing Thu 25-Jun-09 17:37:32

Interesting, sounds like it could be that then, ive felt something similar a couple of times now and the occasional fluttering feeling but not at all regularly and when the midwife was listening to 'it' kicking away in there i couldnt feel a thing!

Picante Thu 25-Jun-09 17:39:03

I felt my second at 11+6. No doubt about it.

Enjoy!

RockinSockBunnies Thu 25-Jun-09 17:43:00

I'm pretty sure I was feeling DD's movements by 15 weeks smile

plimple Thu 25-Jun-09 17:44:53

Of course it was movement! How exciting!

JRocks Thu 25-Jun-09 17:45:08

Not too early, with this pg (2nd) I felt it at 14+1. I think it can depend on what position you are both in, so to speak smile

lynniep Thu 25-Jun-09 17:54:33

I felt this one about 10 weeks. Midwife says that unlikely. I beg to differ. Its now like some loony wiggle child and I'm only 20 weeks. Gawd knows what its going to be like in another 20!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now