Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

If you're doing/have done the whole making dinners to freeze for when baby comes thing...

(7 Posts)
lastboxoftampons Fri 19-Jun-09 15:22:56

...what did you/are you going to make? So far I'm thinking lasagne and Shepherd's pie...what other things are you planning?

alana39 Fri 19-Jun-09 15:59:22

- chilli (good old mince, eh?)
- tomato sauce for pasta
- chickpea curry

A friend was much more adventurous - several casseroles, soup (it was winter though), marinaded meat which she froze and just had to defrost and grill.

Also if you have any friends and family offering to help - ask them to bring you a meal when they come to visit after. That was the best present we had from a friend when DS1 was a week old - 2 homemade meals for us to freeze.

pippa251 Fri 19-Jun-09 16:08:28

2 thai curries - low fat lots of veg and chicken
1- mousakka
1- spag bol
1- pork chop cassorole

I'm hoping to do some veg soup too but it's only because I'm on maternity leave and am 36 + 5 and have nothing much to do with my time.

TheProvincialLady Fri 19-Jun-09 16:11:32

Veg curries
Stew
Dal
Tomato and veg sauce for pasta
Mashed potatoes
Parboiled potatoes for making quick roast potatoes

I also made and froze lots of little toddler dinners for DS1...that was the most useful thing of all TBH as I always knew he would get something healthy for dinner even if I didn't.

Beccabump Fri 19-Jun-09 16:25:31

In our freezer we now have...

...lots and lots of chilli, savoury mince (can be eaten on its own or topped with potato to make shepherds pie), soups, stews, all frozen in 1 or 2 people servings - gotta love the little tinfoil trays from the supermarket!

mumsiebumsie Fri 19-Jun-09 16:46:03

Indian takeaway! Freezes really well I find. Not much of a cook me.

greenbeanie Fri 19-Jun-09 17:05:03

Anything that you can eat with 1 hand as the other will be occupied with holding babe/breastfeeding!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now