Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Cramps in early pregnancy- very anxious

(10 Posts)
RubyF Fri 19-Jun-09 15:09:10

Hi

I experienced cramps last night for the first time since becomming preg for the 2nd time. My first preg ended with a MMC in Dec so I m feeling really anxious. I have booked in for a scan tomorrow at the EPU but terrified to go. I have read many articles that say cramps are normal. But due to what happened with the MC I think I am stressing out. I m about 8 wks and there is no bleeding.

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

thisisyesterday Fri 19-Jun-09 15:15:08

yeah i had a lot of weird cramps and pains in the early weeks of being pg with all 3 of mine.
it is normal, but i expect nothing much will put your mind at rest until you have your scan. it's only natural that you're worried. I miscarried before my first successful pregnancy and was absurdly worried for a long time that it was going to happen again.

i hope the scan goes well. you'll probably be able to see a little blob and a little flicker which is the heartbeat.

M78 Fri 19-Jun-09 16:26:14

With my first pregnancy I didn't even realise I was pregnant until I was 8 wks as I used to have an irregular period and I remember clearly having really strong period pain for nearly 10 days until I took a pregnancy test and I found out I was pregnant! The pain I had was exactly the same I used to get with my period. I am now 26wks pregnant and I had period like pains up to 12 wks, I am sure there is nothing to worry about unless you have any bleeding.

MrsHappy Fri 19-Jun-09 17:17:33

I think cramps are normal. In this pregnancy I would wake up very early in the morning at around 8 weeks with tummy cramps. Once I had been to the loo they subsided, but every morning I would go to the loo expecting to see blood.

It is absolutely normal to feel the way that you do after a loss, but hopefully the scan tomorrow will put your mind at rest.

Liskey Fri 19-Jun-09 18:09:30

Hi Ruby

I could have almost written your post - I'be worrying the last couple of days about cramps and I'm 10 weeks along tomorrow and I also had a mmc - last August - so I know how worried you must be.

I've got a 12 week scan booked 8 July but really wish I'd spoken to the midwife about booking an earlier one.

Good luck for tomorrow.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Fri 19-Jun-09 18:26:02

I had cramps about 7 weeks with DC1 and the m/w said I would probably lose the baby and would have to go to the hospital for a D&C. I told her i felt much worse then. angry

He is now 8 and I know now it was everything stretching as it was my first pg. I hope that is the same for you and all goes fine.

Sorry about your previous loss.

GuernseyFrench Fri 19-Jun-09 18:51:51

I'm 7 weeks and suffer from cramps mostly at the end of the working week (Fridays) but if I lie down and have a rest they decrease! Odd.
Good luck with your scan

RubyF Fri 19-Jun-09 19:30:47

Thanks for the support everyone. I ll try ot let you know what happens tomorrow. x

grace09 Fri 19-Jun-09 19:34:51

At 5 weeks I had severe cramps to the point where i was doubled over at times. Also had some bleeding. Having had two previous mc i was convinced i was losing this one. The cramps continued till about 8 weeks but the bleeding subsided after a few days. Anyhow i am now 17 weeks so cramps and/or bleeding are not always bad news but worth checking out and getting a scan if possible. Good luck with your scan!

RubyF Sat 20-Jun-09 15:18:33

All went well with the scan so feeling better but exhausted and drained. Thanks forn the good wishes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now