Talk

Advanced search

pregant after a miscarriage just need some reassurance

(8 Posts)
jungleju Thu 18-Jun-09 19:53:41

hi all just wanting a bit of moral support realy! had a miscarriage 18th may 09 now im pregnant again which is great but when that line turned blue it was oh my god how do i cope with the early weeks now and not go totally insane. Have had 2 miscarriages then an ectopic then thankfully a little boy now 3 then there was the miscarriage last month and now here i am worried again! went to gp who was ok but seemed to be annoyed that i had not waited longer to ttc again and now she cant decided if i should have a early scan or who to contact to arrange it she seemed very confused with my dates! i thought it simple really it nearly 5 weeks since miscarriage so cant be any more than that and test positive so not less than 3 weeks at the least most likely 4+ so i have to sit and wait for the call and dread going to toilet incase there is any bleeding! just want some friendly words to cheerme up as you all were brilliant last month!

funtimewincies Thu 18-Jun-09 20:45:25

Ah yes, the toilet prayer ('please don't let there be blood, please don't let there be blood', etc.) sad.

I did things the other way around to you. I had an ectopic, then ds, then 3 mcs. I'm now 17 weeks pg and finally begining to be a little more relaxed.

Ignore your GP, when you feel ready to try again is none of her business, they just don't like queries on dates as they might have to get off their bums and arrange a scan. Early scan availablity varies from area to area, here you can only access the EPAU unit if you're bleeding. We also see a mw straight away and don't have to deal with GPs who seem to know nothing about early pg hmm which makes things less stressful.

Good luck and sending you sticky pg vibes smile.

arena Thu 18-Jun-09 20:54:29

Congrulations jungleju, i have a son and 2 m/c after him. Like you i fell pregnant straight after my last m/c within the same month of my m/c.

They also told me to wait a couple of months, but i felt i could'nt and i am now 32 weeks pregnant.

Do ask for a early scan at 7 weeks, just think positive i know it is hard to. Wishing you all the luck.

Milliemuffin Thu 18-Jun-09 21:37:58

I had a m/c on 12th march @ 8wks and we conceived on 2nd april and i'm now 12wks 3 dys. I'm thankful for each day, I still haven't let it sink in and don't want to tell anyone other than close friends/family til we've had our scan on monday and even then i'll probably still be anxious right up until i'm holding him/her at christmas. I did hear the heartbeat with the midwife on monday which was great but even so, it's such a nervous time.
Hope all goes well for all of us xxx

cornflakegirl Thu 18-Jun-09 21:45:51

jungleju - congratulations! Please come and join us on the Knicker Checkers thread.

There's no medical reason to wait to conceive after a miscarriage - and I'm guessing you'd be clamouring for an early scan anyway given your previous experience (my current pregnancy was preceded by three miscarriages, and I was desperate to know that the baby was all right).

Hope it all works out for you.

jungleju Fri 19-Jun-09 06:44:26

thanks for all the messages its a lot easier to try and cope knowing your not alone in feeling this way so guess its just chin up and wait x

Olga1 Fri 26-Jun-09 09:05:40

Wow Jungleju I understand your worry. I also had 2 miscarriages and then an ectopic which wasn't caught in time and I had to have a tube removed (this was this past Dec-2 days before Christmas) I feel ready to try again and am feeling really positive. I'm feeling a bit nauseous but my period not due til Sun and maybe nauseous due to period approaching. Anyway, best advice was from mum each time after I had bad luck and then got pregnant again, she said 'you must treat every pregnancy as a new and different one' Best of luck I really hope it works out for you and I'm sure you'll be ok!

BellasYummyMummy Fri 26-Jun-09 10:34:45

congratulations jungleju, i share your worry as i have also had a mc, then had my dd, then another mc, and am now pregnant again. I am more relaxed about it this time round. Enjoy being pregnant, you dont know whats around the corner but just take each day as it comes. whatever will happen will happen so just try and relax as much as you can and enjoy the next 9 month rollercoaster!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now