Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

pregnancy tests - do any show you HOW pregnant you are?

(13 Posts)
pooter Thu 18-Jun-09 18:30:19

Hi
just taken a test today because i felt exhausted, and have found out i am pregnant grin however, i have no idea about when my last period was, when i was fertile etc - so no idea of how old the foetus is.

My friend said there were tests you could buy which would tell me - anyone seen one? used one? what are they called?

I cant believe i didnt know i was pregnant!! Now i have to know everything i can about it!!

thanks smile

e3chick Thu 18-Jun-09 18:31:26

There is a clear blue digital that gives a guide to how pregnant you are. I got one in sainsburys.

MamaG Thu 18-Jun-09 18:32:07

I've seen one on TV which will say how many weeks pg you are

congrats!

LovelyRitaMeterMaid Thu 18-Jun-09 18:32:16

I don't know what they are called but I know they exist.

I think they aren't completely reliable though - it might be better to see the doctor and get a scan organised?

And congratulations on your pregnancy smile

pooter Thu 18-Jun-09 18:32:39

ooh cool - and thanks!

mummyhill Thu 18-Jun-09 18:32:54

The clear blue digital will only read 3weeks+ if you are more than 3 weeks pregnant. The best way is to book in with the gp/midwife and wait for a scan date to come through.

pooter Thu 18-Jun-09 18:33:34

oh i will do the whole doctor thing, but i need to know NOW!! grin

pooter Thu 18-Jun-09 18:34:19

oh, thanks mummyhill.

im not good at waiting though!

LackaDAISYcal Thu 18-Jun-09 18:34:58

congratulations smile

second the clearblue digital but not sure how accurate they are. I know women who have gotten in a right fangle as they thought they were further on than the test said they were. I also think (and I could be wrong) that they get less accurate at predicting it the further on you are.

Could you ask the doctor to refer you for an early scan? They might do this if you have no idea how far on you are.

LackaDAISYcal Thu 18-Jun-09 18:36:01

Could you get a private dating scan? I had one with my DD, and it wasn't too expensive iirc.

NorthernLurker Thu 18-Jun-09 18:36:42

Congratulations. Without the benefit of the test can you narrow it down a bit -

Have you had a period since Christmas?

Since Easter?

Have you been on holiday, attended a wedding or other event or had a birthday that might jog you mind?

Failing everything else - look in the bottom of your handbag for receipts for sanitary towels or tampax - the date there will give you a clue!

pooter Thu 18-Jun-09 18:40:20

good idea lackadaisycal - will investigate private dating scan asap!

i cant remember having a period since coming back from our holiday to Egypt, that was about 8wks ago, but to be honest - they are not memorable occasions for me! Im deffo not 4mo or anything, i was showing for my wedding day at 12wks with DS blush cue a dress bursting at the seams with boobs!

NorthernLurker Thu 18-Jun-09 18:46:06

If you've just started feeling knackered this week I would think you're about 6 weeks then - what would that be - due February?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now