Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Grrr why cant people keep secrets!!

(7 Posts)

Ok need a rant and advice how to tell dh whats happened! angry

Im 8+3/4 days pregnant today and had a scan at epu, all looked fine bubs ok etc. Was over the moon of course so told my mum who has known about the pregnancy since day 1.

Now all my close family have this far kept it to themselves and dh family do not know yet as dh wanted to wait till 12 week stage to tell them, which i thought everyone understood!

Whilst chilling at home my sis says 'have you seen mums status on facebook?' so i look and quite frankly am shocked and annoyed! She has posted for the world to see that I am expecting, worse still mine and dh family all have each other on their friends lists!

I immediately called my mum telling her to take it of due to the above reasons and she got quite defensive as was getting lots of lovely comments from suprised friends who also know me and dh!!! angry

So i had to call DH brother to tell him the news before he found out and cant get hold of his sister. Have now had to announce it to everyone and have to tell dh whats happened when he gets home! His sis will now find out through facebook and his dad still does not know properly yet. I am sooo disappointed for her taking my glory (i dont mean to sound selfish) and for putting me in this position where we have to tell dh famly earlier so their not upset with us!! angry

Should i call his sister now as hes coming home late tonight, before her daughters come online and see everything??

TotallyAndUtterlyPaninied Thu 18-Jun-09 19:00:02

Oh my Goodness, u r right to be annoyed at your mum, she has been so inconsiderate and self centred.

I would say ring your SIL as if she finds out via facebook, she will feel really put out. Or ring your DH at work and let him know?

Poor you!!! You have my sympathy. Hope you are ok, you don't need to be stressed so chin up!

NorthernLurker Thu 18-Jun-09 19:04:32

Ring your sil and tell her NOT to look at Facebook because DH wants to tell her something. She most likely will guess but it still gives him the chance to tell her at least. It's very disappointing for you but I guess your mum was over-excited and didn't think to ask your thoughts before she updated her status. When alls said and done the really important thing is that you and baby are doing well and that everybody is delighted for you.

thanks guys its ok i called sis in law and told her the news, explaining we were keeping it quiet but my mum announced it and i wanted her not to find out that way! she was fine she knows what my mum is like! She was very suprosed did not know we were ttc! lol we always said we'd never want LO's.

Will explain to dh when he gets home he will be angry but he also knows my mum and what shes like.

Stretch Fri 19-Jun-09 13:34:09

Oh, she sounds like my mum. I had said I wanted to tell people this time (fourth dc, but 2 previous m/c made me nervous)

I had my aunt on the phone congratulating me, said mum told her. Mum denied it!! Said she had guessed...hmm! But my mum is like that, will lie and lie to get herself out of botherangry

Congratulations on your pregnancy!!smile

Reginamygina Fri 19-Jun-09 18:26:56

Oh that beats my friend
shouting "congratulations" to my Mil in front of all MY colleagues!!!

I am still pissed off, so really can understand your reaction. WOuld NOT be impressed at all either!

thanks all now i know i wasnt being unreasonable!

Ive decided not to send her scan pics from next week as i can imagine them being up on facebook before ive had time to even show dh! Plus i dont want pics going on facebook, maybe on my fireplace grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now