Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

hypnobirthing cds: useful or waste of time?

(10 Posts)
camflower Thu 18-Jun-09 12:29:49

hi everyone, just wondered if anyone had had any joy with this kind of thing? i'm bricking it about giving birth (due in about nine weeks) and wondered if something like this would help? i had planned to do stacks of antenatal yoga but have only been able to get to one class so far! i'd be interested to hear your experiences ...

francesrivis Thu 18-Jun-09 12:37:20

I had a really positive experience with this with my dd2. A neighbour lent me the cd a couple of weeks before she was born, and although I was sceptical I listened to it several times. Have no idea what was on it as I always fell asleep! However during labour it suddenly seemed to kick in, and really helped me to relax and cope with the pain. I'd definitely recommend it - and I am generally very sceptical about such things! Good luck with your LO.

herbaceous Thu 18-Jun-09 12:39:50

Frances, that's really helpful! I've been listening to my hypnobirthing CD every other day for a few weeks, and always fall asleep during the bit that's actually about labour. I'd been hoping that my subconscious was taking it in anyway, as I always wake up when the lady starts saying "5, 4, 3, 2, 1", so it's good to know that it actually does work!

camflower Thu 18-Jun-09 12:41:11

thanks. what was the name of the cd. can u remember?

mrsbabookaloo Thu 18-Jun-09 16:23:30

I think it's the natal hypnotherapy one by maggie howells that they are referring to. I will let you know if it works for me: today is my due date and in fact I switched the computer on to listen to the CD, but of course have got side-tracked onto mumsnet!

Just go to www.natalhypnotherapy.co.uk

beautifulgirls Thu 18-Jun-09 16:26:12

I cant vouch for how well they work yet, but just wanted to say I bought my copies of the Natal hypnotherapy CDs on ebay - lots cheaper than getting them new. So far so good with listening to the relaxing pregnancy one anyway!

camflower Thu 18-Jun-09 23:51:40

i will look into the natal thing - and good luck mrsbabookaloo, i look forward to hearing how you got on!

doulalc Fri 19-Jun-09 02:21:24

I've had very good experiences with a few women who have used the technique while in labour. For one mother it made a tremendous difference in helping her when her induction went on for three days.

camflower Fri 19-Jun-09 10:56:53

an induction going on for three days???? arrrggh.....

doulalc Fri 19-Jun-09 14:28:01

Yes, well she never should have been induced in the first place, but that's another story!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now