Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

16wks, low lying placenta, brown blood loss, and cramps.help!

(6 Posts)
1istrulyscrumptious Wed 17-Jun-09 22:42:31

Hi all I need halp as going a bit crazy.. I bled a week ago, and now again this week. old brown blood only which i here is a poitive thing hmm I had a scan and this showed my low lying placenta and blood loss in the amnio. should i carry on working? should i continue nookie? should i panic!!!!

ilovechoclate Wed 17-Jun-09 23:06:55

Poor you, sounds like your having a really worrying time. I would think no nookie unless midwife/doc tells you other wise.

With one of my pregnacies i had alot of bleeding caused by placenta being partially seperated, not low lying so don't know too much about advising you. But i was told no sex until after baby was born, i would deff get an appointment with your consultant to discuss it fully.

Hope that things settle for you soon.take care.

forevermore Wed 17-Jun-09 23:11:31

i would deffo see consultant and get a scan, and in meantime put myself on bed rest whenever possible till things calm down and no sex/orgasms or internal exams. hope things settle down.

1istrulyscrumptious Wed 17-Jun-09 23:12:12

Thankyou ..
I have an appt with consultant on wed, was thinking of sustaining from man and work till then!

ilovechoclate Wed 17-Jun-09 23:22:55

Sounds good! rest up until next wednesday and let your man look after you.grin

Have you had any pain? or just bleeding?

I know why u feel hmm when told brown blood is good, i was told the same and i thought well that doesnt stop me flipping worrying! but it really is good that blood isnt red.

Hope all goes well with your appointment.

1istrulyscrumptious Fri 19-Jun-09 09:56:21

Have had cramping pain but think it might be psychological... have taken today off and am going to rest for a few days..smile

the mans got exams so cant rely on him till tommorow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now