Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Encouraging news for both the over 40s and the recurrent miscarriage ladies

(10 Posts)
redtabby Wed 17-Jun-09 20:43:56

Hi
I have not been here much during my pregnancy as I was worried throughout that something would go wrong and i would somehow jinx it, ...and I could not believe it when things continued to go right.

I am 45 (now very nearly 46), had no children, had had three miscarriages and had all but given up, but was under the care of Prof Regan at the reciurrent mc clinic at St Marys. I conceived naturally and this time I have a wonderful outcome to report.

My wonderful little baby was born by ceasarean (a little premature and rather small for dates, only 1.9kg at birth but healthy and not needing any special care) two and a half weeks ago, and he is doing well. I still cannot believe it and spend a lot of time just staring at him.

I know not everyone can be as lucky and blessed as we have been, but I wanted to share this wonderful news, by way of encouragement for others. It can happen, even at this age!!

needahand Wed 17-Jun-09 21:33:56

Congratulations to you redtabby. This is a wonderful news and you must be over the moon. Very happy for you

bubblesincambridge Thu 18-Jun-09 09:32:04

That's fantastic!

I'm 42, first pregnancy, conceived naturally, 10 weeks, and convinced that something will go wrong because of my age, so its great to hear that things can go so well.

I'd like another too if this goes OK so its great to hear that it might still be possible when I'm another year or so older.

disillusionedmum Thu 18-Jun-09 09:43:53

Congrats redtabby! yes we are forced into fearing the worst when we get pregnant at a certain time of life but there are more and more women doing it and they are fine and proving it is nothing weird at all..

neolara Thu 18-Jun-09 09:52:07

Many congratulations, and welcome to baby tabby.

makipuppy Thu 18-Jun-09 10:50:48

Congratulations!

I'm 41 and expecting my first in August.

NatalieDi Fri 19-Jun-09 14:50:01

Congratulations Redtabby!! May all go absolutely well from now on as well, both for your little boy and you!

Thank you so very much for taking time to post your news, internet tends to be a scary place, health-wise, with people only speaking when in trouble. You are such a wonderful ray of sunshine, bless

redtabby Fri 19-Jun-09 18:14:59

Thanks for the good wishes everyone, we are indeed so very happy, although I can still hardly believe he is real. Things are going well and he is putting on weight and doing fine. Good luck to everyone else...

Redtabby

tracedw Fri 19-Jun-09 18:54:24

Hi everyone,this is my first ever message on any site,just signed up today.thought i`d tell my story after reading redtabby story. I am now 46 and just had 3rd son,another miracle,women of my age just dont expect to get pregnant,i didnt anyway.I had 1st mis at 35 ,1st son at 36 and then had 2 more mis.Prof Regan diagonosed blood clotting disorder. Took aspirin in next preg at 41,another boy.Mis at 43 and then gave up trying for 3rd.Fell preg at 45.All tests at 12wks said DOWNS 1 in 2 chance. Every test under sun,all ok.Any way another gorgeous boy 3 months ago.I just wanted to say to any one who has given up hope , or who has had bad scan results,or mis, its a very steep mountain sometimes but dont give up hope.All going well and thanks for reading my story.

disillusionedmum Fri 19-Jun-09 19:39:21

many women will want ..no need ..to hear about your stroy tracedw and the hope it infuses..all the best to you and your gems!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now