Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

7 wks pg, feeling very ill and have a 1 yo...

(5 Posts)
laurawantsababy Tue 16-Jun-09 12:45:42

What the hell do you do?? I feel ok now that I have eaten some rice and beans blush

This morning I gave dd her bottle in bed and stayed there for about an hour before I could move. Then lay on the sofa while dd played. Changing her nappy makes me feel worse and feeding her.

Preggie pops make me want to be sick.

How do you cope?? Dp works until 6 and I work p/t.

Guess Im feeling sorry for myself today but I just dont know what to do and feel guilty for leaving dd to play alone.

onepieceofcremeegg Tue 16-Jun-09 12:50:31

Really feel for you laura. Best advice I have (if you are able to keep food and drink down) is to eat very regularly, at least every 2-3 hours. Rest as much as you can. CBeebies for your dd as necessary.

Do you have family/friends that could help out - even if say someone had your dd for an hour so you could sleep/rest.

If you feel really awful and weak take some sick time off work and use the time that your dd would normally be in childcare to rest.

alana39 Tue 16-Jun-09 14:13:21

I remember that, Laura - it is awful, but it should get better in a few weeks. I did what cremeegg suggested, used TV lots (was my son's first experience of it, really!) and scoffed white bread and biscuits when I could. Do you have a garden you can sit it so your DD can get some fresh air (with you lying on a blanket?). Remember even if you do feel she's missing out on your full attention while you feel terrible, it is temporary and she's not going to come to any harm.

laurawantsababy Tue 16-Jun-09 14:32:13

Thanks both. We havent told anyone yet because its early days but I may ask my mum to have dd on Friday for a few hours.

I feel better now so hopefully it will just be mornings that I feel worse.

BrightonNim Thu 18-Jun-09 18:20:38

Have you tried travel bands round your wrist? I had horrible morning sickness (all day everyday) when expecting my first. Am now 6 weeks into second pregnancy and have had a week so far of feeling terrible and being sick. Today I went and bought some travel bands and amazingly they seem to have really helped - went from feeling like shit and heaving this morning to feeling nearly good this afternoon.

Hope you are able to get some help - being tired will make it so much worse.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now