Talk

Advanced search

pregnancy when 42

(7 Posts)
imo6 Tue 16-Jun-09 12:13:33

Have 3 children 12,10 and 8 and I am 42 would love to try for another baby, am I being selfish. Has any one else felt like this and had another child. Family say it is just my hormones and to stop being silly, I should be happy with my lot. I am but I still feel that I would love another child.

doulalc Tue 16-Jun-09 15:51:24

If you have the longing, and obviously if your partner is in agreement, go ahead and try. You are not being selfish!

I've worked with several women who have had babies in their 40's...the oldest was actually 46 and he was her first....

mum27 Wed 17-Jun-09 03:01:39

Hi imo6 i'm a mum to 7 and will be 42 when I have my 8th. I say if you can afford it, feel up to it all those boring considerations and as doulalc says, if you're partner's agreeable then why not be selfish, it will certailny be a baby of love. I'd have millions of them :-)

OldLadyKnowsNothing Wed 17-Jun-09 03:35:44

As doulalc says, if your bloke is in agreement, go for it! Just don't be too disappointed if it doesn't happen.

(Sorry, been reading the thread about declining fertility after 35.)

Nekabu Wed 17-Jun-09 08:59:14

Why is it silly to try for another child if you and your partner would like one?

thumbwitch Wed 17-Jun-09 09:01:39

what's the silly bit - having no.4 or being 42?
I am soon going to be 42 and we are ttc no.2 at the mo, so if it's the age thing then can't see a problem with it - good luck!

bubblesincambridge Thu 18-Jun-09 09:38:33

If you want one, then try to have one! Who cares how old you are! I'm 42 and 10 weeks pg! All the best!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now