Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Do you get the nuchal fold results immediately?

(8 Posts)
e3chick Mon 15-Jun-09 15:28:41

I am not having any blood tests, just the nuchal fold scan next week. Will I be given the odds there and then, or will it have to go into a letter to the GP/consultant/midwife?

I can't find the information on this anywhere, as I assume most people have the whole combined tests.

Thanks.

Smosma Mon 15-Jun-09 16:08:20

I've recently had the combined test with my second and both times the results came through in a letter direct to me in about a week. This gives the overall odds.

However, both times during the ultrasound scan itself, they were able to give the nuchal fold measurement, and say that this was within the normal zone and all was looking ok. Obviously it could be different in different hospitals, but that's my experience here in Hampshire!

Owlingate Mon 15-Jun-09 16:10:12

Hi I just got the nuchal fold measurement and refused blood tests - the sonographer told me straight away and it was on the print-out they put in my notes.

sjbj Mon 15-Jun-09 16:15:43

Hi I just had the scan at Nottingham on Friday and they gave me results orally straight away, a print out which they explained and then put in my notes and dr also said he would send copies to my consultant.
Hope this helps but it may be different in other hospitals?

janinlondon Mon 15-Jun-09 16:24:24

Depends on whether you are looking for a nuchal measurement (ie in mm) or a risk calculation (ie 1 in ???). One is immediate, the other requires calculations.

e3chick Mon 15-Jun-09 16:28:47

OK thank you all. I am looking for the risk calculation but if they at least give a guideline there and then, that would at least give me an idea of how things are.

ohdearwhatamess Mon 15-Jun-09 16:34:51

I had both mine done on a Sunday afternoon, and the chap who did them phoned me with the results late on the Monday evening. Then sent the full details out by post within a few days.

carrielou2007 Mon 15-Jun-09 19:54:04

Depends where it is you are having it done. I had one with dd and am having a second one in a few weeks time. No hospitals do it here so even though I should have one due to my age hav to go private. Both the mm measurement and the risk are given to you both straight away.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now