Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Brown Discharge

(9 Posts)
Tootersma Mon 15-Jun-09 10:48:18

I`m 7 weeks pregnant and I went to Doc 4 days ago as I had some brown discharge, was sent to EPC next day and all was fine (saw little one and heartbeat and cried with relief!). The only thing is I have had a little of this brown discharge everyday since and it`s starting to worry me - this isn`t my first pregnancy so I dont want to appear neurotic and rush to Doc every time this happens but should I be worried?

christiana Mon 15-Jun-09 10:54:18

Message withdrawn

bluespix77 Mon 15-Jun-09 11:18:54

If you have had continued discharge, I would go back to your GP.

Tootersma Mon 15-Jun-09 11:24:31

They said that sometimes these things happen, it is bleeding, but old blood, and there is no explanation for it - which thinking back is a bit of a cop out. But at the time I was just so relieved I was barely listening! Kinda thought it would be a one off thing tho, didn`t expect it to happen again. Thanks 4 your reply.

bluesatinsash Mon 15-Jun-09 13:20:57

Tootersma - I had brown discharge every day from weeks 4 - 10 and had several early scans (had 2 mc last year). I'm now 12 weeks and discharge has gone (fingers crossed for good!).

meemar Mon 15-Jun-09 13:26:22

Hi tootsersma

I am now 19 weeks and have had the exact same thing in my current pg. On and off brown spotting that lasted until about 12/13 weeks.

It can be a bit of cervical erosion. After seeing the heartbeat at 6 weeks the medics didn't seem concerned at all and said it was very common.

onelittlespeckledfrog Mon 15-Jun-09 14:04:53

Hi Tootersma

Sorry to hear you're worried - I know exactly what it's like. I had brown discharge ( and 2 incidents of proper red bleeding) all the way from 7 weeks to 11 weeks. I had 4 scans in that time as I was so worried. Evertyhting was fine every time. They could find no reason for the bleeding or discharge and gave no explanation. It is very frustrating I know. Because I didn't want to be too neurotic, I only rang my midwife and asked advice /requested a scan if there was a difference to what had gone before i.e in colour or quantity.

Ps I had this in my first pregnancy too but not as much. Hope this helps and hope everything's ok.

sjbj Mon 15-Jun-09 16:31:18

I had a lot of brown discharge at about 6 weeks, again at 7 weeks and slight discolouration of discharge at 8 weeks. I was very panicked the first time (slighlty less each time)after my acupuncturist told me that apart from implantation bleeds your womb can also have old scars that have slight bleeds as your womb expands. I thought about it and it made sense to me - like a childs knee - as they bend it the scabs fall off and it has a slight bleed.
Don't know what the medical proffession would make of it but it calmed me down and i'm nearly 14 weeks now.
If you see HB at 6 weeks i think the pregnancy has 76% chance and at 8 weeks that goes up to 98%. My husband and i spent many a night researching!!

alana39 Mon 15-Jun-09 20:27:32

I had brown spotting from 12 weeks to 15 1/2 weeks (3rd pg, never had anything like it with first 2). No reason seen on scans and it stopped of its own accord in the end (now 20 weeks). Obstetrician said sometimes marginal vessels in the placenta can bleed a little as the placenta grows - so can add that to list of possible causes. If it doesn't get worse and you don't get pain with it, there's a good chance it is just one of those things and won't affect the outcome of your pregnancy. Hope everything works out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now