Talk

Advanced search

Is it true that...

(11 Posts)
tostaky Mon 15-Jun-09 09:56:02

...every pregnant women that is followed by midwives is going to get £190 to spend on anything she wants

...and that if your due date is AFTER April 2010, you get SMP until the end of your 12 months instead of until the end of your 9 months mat leave?

alana39 Mon 15-Jun-09 10:18:55

Yes to the first one - your midwife will sign the Health in Pregnancy grant form when you're 25 weeks, I think.

Don't know about the SMP - sure someone else will be along soon.

PavlovtheCat Mon 15-Jun-09 10:24:51

Yes to the first. I know the second was a consideration, but do not know if it is true right now or not.

"every pregnant women that is followed by midwives is going to get £190 to spend on anything she wants"

bloody ridiculous gov't initiatives...

Beccabump Mon 15-Jun-09 18:19:55

To be honest it is called the 'Health In Pregnancy' grant and is supposed to go towards health eating - how many women have actually used it for that?

I know it used to be means tested only and was given as vouchers that could only be spent on fruit/veg/milk type stuff....

loganberry12 Mon 15-Jun-09 18:33:36

SMP is already being paid for 12 months as from April this year im sure?

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Mon 15-Jun-09 19:28:19

loganberry - no still 9 months - thats what I am entitled to at least and I am 18 weeks pg.

funtimewincies Mon 15-Jun-09 19:38:53

Going to need the grant just to fund new bras sad. 32FF before pg (so already not cheap if I want a comfy one), 32GG 17 weeks in and stuff growing. At this rate my cleavage will stick out further than my bump! Mine will go toward healthy eating as well though as it'll pay for this year's allotment rent and cost of seeds smile.

Again, I'd heard about the 2nd but don't know if it's in force yet. I'm not working at the moment so will get nothing (apart from the grant) anyway sad.

funtimewincies Mon 15-Jun-09 19:39:49

still growing, I mean blush.

lucya1980 Tue 16-Jun-09 19:51:28

i sympathise funtimewincies!! i was a 28-30ff now a 30 hh!! i am expecting twins and i feel huge! but other people think im small cos my boobs stick out so far!! My bump is now surpassing them at 21 weeks but not by much!!

funtimewincies Wed 17-Jun-09 19:08:05

shock and grin lucya1980!

All the best for your pregnancy smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now