Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

19 weeks pregnant - Questions, questions, questions...

(5 Posts)
Hopeful2 Sun 14-Jun-09 17:14:53

Hi ladies

haven't been on here for a while as I have been getting use to all the changes during pregnancy. After mc last year, I have been a little anxious to say the least!

Right some questions now - as I've said I'm 19+1 pg & trying to enjoy as much as poss but I have some questions...at night when I've been asleep for a few hrs I wake with a strange pain across my belly (not lower belly) which will only go away when I have been up for a while. It's kinda like I've held going to the loo for ages. I do go for a wee & then go back to bed but it wakes me up again after a few hrs. The only time it really goes away is once I'm up for the day. It breaks my sleep up so much. I have tried lying with a pillow under my leg, laying on my side / back etc etc but it still happens. Any ideas?????

I think I am feeling flutterings but no real kicks yet. I was a size 8/10 prior & haven't put on loads of weight as I know this can restrict feeling baby move sometimes. Is this normal to not feel definate movement yet?????

Anyone had a 3D/4D scan & can they let me know their thoughts??????

Thanks for taking the time to read & hope to hear from someone soon x

LittleMissBliss Sun 14-Jun-09 17:24:39

In my first pregnancy i didn't feel any strong movements untill 22 weeks plus, just feelings like bubbles at about 20 weeks, i was very slim too (not now wink). This time i felt movement very early on and at 24 weeks tomo my little boy is kicking all over the placegrin!

The feeling in your stomach at night could possibly be braxton hicks... But i'm not sure about that one.

A few friends of ours have had 3D/4D scans and they were all very happy with them. Think you can get quite good deals these days. We aren't having one as can't justify the cost, plus we'll see the real thing soon enough!

Hope that helps, congratulations and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy!smile

YanknCock Sun 14-Jun-09 17:32:54

Maybe the pain is round ligament pain? It's been bad enough to wake me a few times, but never seems to happen during the day.

Normal not to feel big movements yet, it's different for everyone, and supposedly is later in first pregnancies.

Hopeful2 Sun 14-Jun-09 19:18:01

Thanks ladies & congrats for the two f u also.

I forgot to add another complaint..when I sit down in a certain position & then get up my coxic bone really hurts & I mean hurts. I haven't bruised it that I can recal & it has only been since I have been pg! Any ideas???

ButtercupWafflehead Sun 14-Jun-09 19:30:25

Hi Hopeful,

You're two days ahead of me PG-wise, but this is my second.

I have also been reporting all kinds of aches and pains, and quizzed the midwife who said it's just to do with muscles/ligaments relaxing all over the place to allow your uterus to move and expand.

First time round I didn't feel any definite movements until 19-20 wks but this time it's been much sooner. I guess they put 18 weeks in your Emma's diary etc to catch those who will feel it earlier (if that makes sense), I think the first time round it takes longer for your uterus to move into place so the baby kicks and movements aren't close enough to your tummy to be felt, if that makes sense.

You can always check with your midwife about your coccyx, but not sure if they can do anything - it's probably just to do with the extra pressure etc.

We didn't bother with a 4d scan, but have seen others which are very amazing and you get a definite answer regarding the sex if you would like. A nice thing to keep - I guess it depends on your circumstances/finances.

If you're anything like me, you'll feel much more reassured after your 20w scan, which will be soon I'm guessing!

Congratulations!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now