Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Will taking doxycycline in early pregnancy have a bad effect??

(3 Posts)
luckywinner Sat 13-Jun-09 20:12:08

Has anyone been on doxycycline when they found out they were pregnant? I am pregnant again the cycle immediately a miscarriage and have been taking doxycycline for a bad sinus infection. I am now absolutely terrified about the medicine I have taken and what could possibly happen. And of course I have googled already and filled myself with fear.

doulalc Sat 13-Jun-09 22:09:48

Ask your gp about other antibiotics....there are a number that can be used for a sinus infection that would be a better choice during pregnancy. If you have already stopped using it, then fine. Odds are all will be well since you discontinued its use once you found out you were pregnant.

luckywinner Sat 13-Jun-09 22:19:21

Thanks doulalc.

I found out I was pregnant today, and my course should have finished tomorrow. I have stopped them though. I am allergic to penicillin so I usually get prescribed doxycycline. I am feeling so paranoid already. I think the mc in May has made me worry so much more than I would have done previously.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now