Talk

Advanced search

Jelly like discharge at 24 weeks. Do I need to freak out?!

(6 Posts)
JemL Fri 12-Jun-09 17:59:46

Because I am!

Already nervous wreck after bleeding after sex earlier this week - just started relaxing when today had a huge blob of jelly like discharge. I don't remember having a "show" with DS - induced labour - so am panicking now. Do I need to ring for advice, or is this normal?!?!

norktasticninja Fri 12-Jun-09 18:04:21

I don't think you need to panic but it would be wise to call your midwife/hospital just in case they would want to see you.

Try and stay calm petal.

PerfectPrefect Fri 12-Jun-09 18:06:03

Was there any hint of blood in the jelly?

I had a(bloodstained) jelly discharge at 25wks. Was told it was not unusual. I delivered at 26+6 and was told that the jelly was my show.

Worth checking out, but probably nothing.

JemL Fri 12-Jun-09 18:45:37

Thanks so much for replies.

There was no blood at all in the discharge. I have just phoned the day unit and spoken to a midwife who talked through other signs, eg pain, blood, etc. SHe said to call back if anything else happened or if I had any other signs.

I feel ridiculous now as burst into tears after speaking to her and can't stop crying. I still feel so anxious, although a bit less so...am also irrationally and unfairly angry with DH for suggesting sex, as it has caused far more stress that it was frankly worth!

Hawkmoth Sat 13-Jun-09 10:56:16

I've been having jelly-discharge since about ten weeks. It does seem to coincide with sex or extra walking about... however, I've had two or three swabs and a torch shone up there and there's nothing wrong.

Like you, I've been thinking it's my plug coming away in bits... but apparently it could just be a discharge that's normal for me. It's so worth getting checked out though, if only for reassurance, and if you get any more, put it in a sample bottle (yum!) to take with you.

Good luck.

JemL Sat 13-Jun-09 20:36:23

Thanks Hawkmoth, I took the advice and had it checked out as I was still feeling anxious. I had an examination, all was fine and the Dr and midwife just found a small patch of "erosion" on my cervix - which is normal, and explains the bleeding after sex. The discharge was more than likely a "cleanout" (bleugh!) following the irritation and bleeding a few days earlier.

Am feeling much better now - thanks for your reply!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: