Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Connection between stretchmarks and tearing???

(16 Posts)
worriedamy Fri 12-Jun-09 09:35:27

Was just reading the stretchmark thread and was curious about whether there was any correlation between lack of stretchmarks during pregnancy and less severe tearing/ no tearing at all during labour?! I'm thinking as those who have not been as affected by stretchmarks must have naturally stretchy skin, so in those women is the perineum also more likely to stretch as opposed to tearing? (maybe trying to clutch at straws here as I have managed to avoid stretchmarks up to now!!) This is my first so I have no personal experience to draw on just yet!!

sleepsforwimps Fri 12-Jun-09 09:59:58

I have had two pregnancies, no stretchmarks and I didn't tear either time. Amazing as my ds was 9lb 13oz hurrah for stretchy...

rainbowdays Fri 12-Jun-09 10:04:15

worst stretchmarks for the pregnancy that I did not tear!!!

slushy06 Fri 12-Jun-09 10:32:06

I have very bad stretchmarks that start below my pubic hairs and go up past by belly button but I didn't tear at all so in my case no correlation.

jaype Fri 12-Jun-09 10:33:45

No stretchmarks twice and quite a bit of tearing in each go - sorry! Clearly some of my skin missed out on the message that it needed to be stretchy...

clayre Fri 12-Jun-09 10:34:42

i have no stretchmarks and got cut as they didnt want me tear the first time and i tore naturally the second time.

Miamla Fri 12-Jun-09 10:35:24

no stretchmarks but i tore too but mainly because i pushed when the midwife was adamant i shouldn't have been hmm

guineamango Fri 12-Jun-09 11:04:39

Sorry no stretch marks and I tore...a lot!
Try not to worry, what will be will be!

Seeline Fri 12-Jun-09 11:07:05

Very minor stretch marks and tore badly first time, even after being cut, only minor tearing second time.

ladylush Fri 12-Jun-09 11:07:39

No stretchmarks - needed episiotomy for assisted delivery. Think I'd have torn anyway as ds was big.

slyandgobbo Fri 12-Jun-09 11:08:45

No stretchmarks.
Tearing on first delivery.

DaveTheBloke Fri 12-Jun-09 11:08:50

Massive stretchmarks all over the place and popped out a nearly 9 lb-er with no tears. Not even a scratch.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Fri 12-Jun-09 11:13:50

No stretchmarks and no tears smile ds1 was 8lbs 12, ds2 7lbs 11.

funnypeculiar Fri 12-Jun-09 11:16:47

No stretchmarks, tore both times (not badly) with small babies.
Sorry grin

worriedamy Fri 12-Jun-09 11:19:15

damn! Oh well, looks like no correlation there then!

oceana Wed 17-Jun-09 19:39:17

No stretch marks until 38 weeks then suddenly got the badly from pubic bone to belly button! No tearing for me though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now