Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Jabbing pains in my *ahem*, 20 weeks pg

(4 Posts)
FattipuffsandThinnifers Thu 11-Jun-09 19:30:47

Sorry if tmi in this! I'm 20 weeks pg and have been having sort of jabbing/stabbing/shooting pains sort of inside my fanjo. Almost like a pencil is being jabbed up against my cervix.

This is my second pg (to progress this far anyway), and I vaguely remember having it with ds, but not nearly this badly.

Does anyone know what it is, whether it's anything to be concerned about, and whether I should check with midwife?

Otherwise I feel ok, and am feeling the baby move regularly.

Tia.

Pinkcaz Thu 11-Jun-09 20:53:17

Hello there, I can't say as I have experienced that but a phone call to the midwife won't hurt

They are there to help and may give you good advice as to what can help with it

hope its ok!! x

LackaDAISYcal Thu 11-Jun-09 20:56:25

It sounds like it might be SPD. I had this during my last pregnany and in fact am still suffering nearly 8 months on.

Mention it to your MW or GP and get a referral to see a physio. It made my labour very difficult indeed as I had wanted to be mobile, but the pain was such that I couldn't move and it was agony between contractions as well, not just during.

FattipuffsandThinnifers Thu 11-Jun-09 21:22:28

Thanks for the replies.

Lackadaisycal, that's interesting - I'd known of SPD but didn't know the symptoms included this. Will def mention it to my midwife.

Not quite sure how to describe it without embarrassment though! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now