Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Starting to get quite upset and not looking forward to work tomorrow.

(14 Posts)
Baisey Thu 11-Jun-09 13:43:22

Im not sure if this is the right place to post this but im getting sooo annoyed with my boss.
Im 13+6 weeks pregnant. Work has known about my pregnancy since about 6 weeks.
Immediately he did a risk assessment and we discussed everything, ive been pregnant before and pretty much know the drill with what I can/cant do. He was great, said all the right things etc.
But now he is driving me up the wall! He says I dont do any work. He makes sly comments about me sitting down on the kick stool every now and then and when I returned from the bathroom after being sick he told me that I should of stopped doing that by now.
Now my boss is a pain in the arse at the best of times and usually I can ignore him, but his little comments are starting to wear me down.
I do fight my corner and tell him that im entitled to sit down/not do any heavy lifting but he just laughs.
I actually said one day when he complained about my sitting down that I was interested on our area managers opinions on discrimination against pregnant workers and whether she thinks comments about sitting down are appropiate. He just walked away from me! Said absolutely nothing! Yet it doesnt stop him. Im reaching the end of my tether and im dreading the next 6 months!

slushy06 Thu 11-Jun-09 14:33:42

I would def speak to your area manager he is not behaving fairly and is trying to guilt trip you into doing things you should not I hope you get this sorted soon.

steamedtreaclesponge Thu 11-Jun-09 14:36:18

He sounds like an idiot. Try and keep a record of all his comments like this - if he carries on you can then show the record to your area manager which might be helpful.

SusieDerkins Thu 11-Jun-09 14:39:56

It's very important that you write down all of his comments and keep a log of them. If it doesn't stop within a few days go and see his manager/HR and show them what he's been doing. They'll pull him up so quickly his feet won't touch the floor. What an arse.

Baisey Thu 11-Jun-09 19:23:28

Thanks for all your advice. I sometimes feel as if im being really dramatic and pregnant about it. Its nice to know im not.

StayFrosty Thu 11-Jun-09 19:25:13

Are you in a union? I would join one asap if possible.

Baisey Thu 11-Jun-09 19:29:07

no im not, but ive spoke to the manager at our sister store and she is outraged so if anything did come to head then I think I would have her backing me up.

karmannlass Thu 11-Jun-09 19:35:39

Take a look at your company's grievance/bullying harrassment policy. usually you will find that you need to make them aware that their comments are upsetting - basically you can give them one chance to stop by making them aware of how their comments/behaviour is making you feel. If they carry on then you can raise a grievance with their manager.
Don't just accept the comments, you will be on M/L in no time but pregnancy can be tiring enough without this hanging over you when you are at home. Good luck x

MustHaveaVeryShortMemory Thu 11-Jun-09 19:59:22

Tosser. Is he "joking" or serious?

Baisey Thu 11-Jun-09 20:11:50

He is "joking" but he also often "jokes" about immigrants, overweight people, women with short hair (?), and people on benefits.
basically he can be a nightmare to work with.
And to top it off he leaves a tiny little puddle everytime he goes to the loo and also scratches his arse and then sniffs his fingers, such a nice man...

coffeecups Thu 11-Jun-09 20:39:06

Talk to his manager and HR. He's being a complete git and inappropriate and needs to know he is.

StayFrosty Thu 11-Jun-09 22:49:52

God, he sounds charming. Roll on maternity leave. Agree you should contact HR or a line manager sooner rather than later, he should not be doing this. It's just a shame that not many companies have anti piss splashing, arse scratching or finger sniffing policies then he could be bang to rights for that as well. No wonder you're still being sick working with a mucky pup like that.

Baisey Fri 12-Jun-09 08:02:57

Wouldnt mind but he then goes on to touch the toys he's selling to customers...
<shudders>
Wish me luck im going to talk to him today!!

blinder Fri 12-Jun-09 18:40:17

Only just seen this thread. How did it go talking to Mr Wonderful?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now