Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

nuchal on Monday, can I take 20 month old DD?

(9 Posts)
jumblies Thu 11-Jun-09 12:43:39

Title says it all really I have my nuchal on
MOnday afternoon and DH can't get time off to be with me which means taking 20month old DD with me...I can try and get a babysitter but just wondered if most ppl just take their children with them hmm

JemL Thu 11-Jun-09 15:31:26

I took my DS to my 12 week scan, but I didn't have the nuchal scan, just dating. At our hospital, they ask you not to bring DC's to nuchal or anomaly scans, partly incase they have to tell you anything bad but mainly becuase they are more complex proceedures and toddlers can be a bit, um, distracting for the sonographers! I noticed in the waiting room that lots of people do still take DC's though...

NumptyMum Thu 11-Jun-09 16:05:01

See whether your hospital has a creche, and whether it could take a baby of your DD's age. I've got my scan tomorrow but luckily got the first one in the day at 9.40am, so DH is coming with me as well as DS (21mo). Or can you take a really trusted friend with you (ie the type of friend you trust enough to tell about your pregnancy already)?

jumblies Thu 11-Jun-09 16:54:55

I don't think kings(london) has a creche. Will see if I can leave her with a relative.

Tamlin Thu 11-Jun-09 17:31:23

My nuchal took more than forty minutes (awkward foetus!) so I wouldn't recommend it - unless your 20 month old is better at sitting quietly in a dark room than mine!

crokky Thu 11-Jun-09 17:37:36

we were asked not to bring children to the nuchal - I am sure people have to - I would take her strapped into the buggy with a load of snacks.

alittleteapot Thu 11-Jun-09 17:49:11

I wouldn't but did take dd to the 20 week scan.

ilovetiramisu Fri 12-Jun-09 17:24:11

You'll be ok. I took DC1 to nuchal scan at 17 mths and she was fine in her pushchair with lots of snacks. Have another one booked soon so am very aprehensive about taking DC1 and DC2 this time but no other option. Wish me luck

jumblies Fri 12-Jun-09 19:18:36

Dh has postponed meeting till later in the week and my dad has offered to babysit so problem solved. It will be slightly more civilised now we hardly ever get any time alone these days smile

Thanks for the advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now