Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Could this mean baby is gonna show up early???

(5 Posts)
xxhunnyxx Thu 11-Jun-09 10:27:57

I'm 36.5 weeks pregnant and over the last couple of days I've suddenly become sooooooooo hungry and very tired. Just wondering if this could be my body's way of storing energy for baby's arrival? Anybody experienced this? I'm hoping to get this big spurge of energy that everybody talks about cos still got lots of nesting to do!

Castiel Thu 11-Jun-09 10:31:50

Now's about the time that the baby will lay down extra fat stores in preparation for birth and breastfeeding. The baby goes through quite a growth spurt at the end. This is tiring and yes you may feel more hungry- plus usual fatigue at massive changes that have already happened. The other possibility is that your iron levels may have dropped a bit. Are you feeling dizzy at all? Breathless? Pale inside of your eyes?

The only sure sign of the baby coming is, er, the baby coming!

bacon Fri 12-Jun-09 14:36:56

There are no rules or signs most are myths. At 36 weeks you are still classed not term so you dont want to wish that on yourself.

I could eat for Britain for the last few weeks its bound to happen baby is growing loads now and putting on fat.

A show or real pain is the only possible sign of birth and both of these are not 100%.

Rest and eat well x

fatandiknowit Fri 12-Jun-09 15:11:07

Thank you both for putting my mind at rest.

I think it's mainly because I work with another pregnant girl who is 5 weeks "ahead" - she's enormous (in the nicest possible way!) but is a skiiny size 8 normally so much more noticeable on her smile

fatandiknowit Fri 12-Jun-09 15:11:23

wrong thread blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now