Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Weight.....

(7 Posts)
Rachey1969 Tue 10-May-05 15:08:26

With my first three I started off a normal weight, put a shedload on and managed to lose it afterwards before I had the next one. After 3 kids I was under 10 stone but I'm not laughing now! This time not only am I 7 years older, I'm considerably overweight and at 6 wks feel like a heifer already. I meant to try and lose some before conceiving but it didn't happen. I am going to try to force myself to swim when I can. Does anyone else have experience of starting off pregnancy quite big? Did you get gestational diabetes?

pinksofa Wed 11-May-05 09:50:46

hi rachey i was a stone heavier with ds1 at the start and was determined to put a max of 2 stone on managed it by not eating any empty calories and concentrating on maximising nutrition for the calories eaten ifwim, it was not easy this time i am still about 2 stone overweight so going to do the same
did not get gest diabetes last time, try to eat a gi diet there is a thread somewhere fro puffthemagicdragon re weight and pregnancy in archives she has also started a gi diet thread may be worth talkin to her lol

Rachey1969 Wed 11-May-05 09:54:09

Thanks pinksofa, will look for it!

bubbaloo Wed 11-May-05 10:14:10

hi rachey,
i was very overweight before i got pg(about 6 stone!!)and had awful problems getting pg in the first place as i also have pcos but got there in the end.im now 36 wks pg and have had a perfect pregnancy(if there is one!!)with absolutely no problems,not even any sickness.i was also tested for diabetes(due to my weight)which i havent got and have never had anything other than normal blood pressure too.
i really wouldnt worry too much about your weight while your pg-ive put on just under 2 stone during this pregnancy and i'll hopefully tackle it after the baby is born
good luck.xx

Rachey1969 Wed 11-May-05 10:24:05

Thanks Bubbloo, that is reassuring, I'm heavier now than I was at the end of my previous pregnancies although my blood pressure has been ok pre-pregnancy (haven't had it taken yet). I've got a trapped nerve in my ankle which has exacerbated things and stopped me exercising - although the weight of course has made it worse - vicious cycle! I really want to go swimming but am a bit embarrassed about stripping off, my boobs are huge! Hope all goes well for you, nothing like pushing a pram uphill to get the weight off!

pinksofa Wed 11-May-05 13:57:54

if you put on around 2 stone if you are like me it was all babe plus pregnancy weight so within 2 weeks all fluid had gone and was back to pre pg weight (not because lost weight) just because this was weight of babe, extra blood, fluid etc.

eidsvold Wed 11-May-05 14:27:55

yup - both times and yet blood pressure was best it had ever been and never had gestational diabetes. ( despite being tested for it both times) I had lost about 2 stone between dd1 and dd2 but still very overweight. Had no trouble falling pregnant and had very healthy pregnancies(well - forgot horrid morning sickness but it went away).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now