Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

breathlessness in early pregnancy

(12 Posts)
mrsjammi Wed 10-Jun-09 11:35:19

Message withdrawn

londonlottie Wed 10-Jun-09 11:54:38

Message withdrawn

mumsiebumsie Wed 10-Jun-09 14:52:04

I had this severely up to about 12 weeks. SO much so that I'd need to sit down and take deep breaths. Was quite scary - but mentioned it to midwife and she wasn't bothered at all - said it's quite normal. Am 14 weeks and the worse of it has passed although it's still there. Yesterday my heart was beating so fast I could hear pulsing in my ears!

katster37 Wed 10-Jun-09 17:11:51

I think it's normal. I am 17 weeks and have felt breathless and like my heart was v fast since day one. Apparently your heart rate goes up from an average 70 beats per minute, to an average of 90. Mine is 100 at the minute. And I am always out of breath at the top of the stairs! Have read lots of things that says it's normal.

mrsjammi Thu 11-Jun-09 09:06:36

Message withdrawn

SOLOisMeredithGrey Thu 11-Jun-09 09:10:33

Are you <whispers> over 40 mrsjammi? I was fine during my first full term pg@ 34, but breathing like I'd run a marathon with Dd when I was 8 years older!

mrsjammi Thu 11-Jun-09 09:17:03

Message withdrawn

LALA77 Thu 11-Jun-09 10:42:47

I've had this since around 6-7 weeks, and I'm now 13 weeks. I asked my Dr about it and he said that all my organs are working in overdrive just now and it's natural. It's a horrible feeling as I was fit as a fiddle beforehand!

Thingiebob Thu 11-Jun-09 15:18:36

I've just come back from the doctors about this very problem. I was informed that this is perfectly normally due to changes in the cardio-vascular system.

Still feel embarrassed by how puffy I am getting!

SOLOisMeredithGrey Thu 11-Jun-09 19:18:01

It is odd...I had people worrying about me! Worrying I tell you!

mrsjammi Fri 12-Jun-09 10:01:24

Message withdrawn

SOLOisMeredithGrey Fri 12-Jun-09 13:35:31

Then get those teens to start pulling their weight mrsjammi. I try to get my Ds(10.10)to do things for or with me and they are hard to motivate into doing something for mum or dad(in my case 'me'), but I do believe it's essential for them to help out, even if it's small things. Ds does the recycling most of the time and puts the rubbish into the wheelie bin ~ which isn't a lot, but it takes that small thing off me...can't say he likes it though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now