Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

question about <whispers> discharge in pregnancy.

(15 Posts)
2muchinformation Tue 09-Jun-09 21:28:55

I have discharge. I have a lot of discharge in fact and have for months. It is clear/white and dries in clumps in my pubic hair (which is trimmed neatly, and closely), does not appear to smell. On occasion, especially recently, it has been sticking my public hair to my undies, and actually hurts blush.

I am pregnant, clearly as this is under pregnancy topic! And i have also changed my name, clearly as this is a little embarrassing to write about.

I know that some discharge is normal in pregnancy, but is excessive amounts normal?

Should I start wearing panty liners?

francagoestohollywood Tue 09-Jun-09 21:36:53

I seem to remember it is quiet usual to have more dischange in pregnancy.
I'd mention it to mw though, just to make sure everything is ok.

2muchinformation Tue 09-Jun-09 21:40:40

Thanks. I shall add it to the list grin they think i am paranoid as it is what with this and that and the other!

Its a lot is all, and it does not appear to be vaginal? I say that as in, where it dries, its further 'up' towards front so to speak, not drying around the vaginal area.

Oh i feel so embarrassed writing it blush blush

<hides face behind a cushion>

Stretch Tue 09-Jun-09 21:45:15

Yep, me too!! Def mention to the mw. Are you not sore or itchy? Does it smell??

Fwiw, I can feel when my discharge 'gushes' out, and it goes towards the front of my pants. I sometimes wear a panty liner for when I am out, as I don't want to leave wet patches where I sit!blush But I do try to wear nothing at night to help air circulate.

Mine dries in 'clumps' too, not nice!!

francagoestohollywood Tue 09-Jun-09 21:48:57

Ahhhhhhhhhh the joys of pregnancy grin <<remembers with affection>>

4andnotout Tue 09-Jun-09 21:49:22

I had really heavy discharge when i was pregnant with dd4, i ended up with ecezma (sp) and nappy rash
I tried to talk to my consultant about it as i also had varicose veins of the vuvlva but he wasn't interested but lucky for me my femal gp was shocked and sympathetic about it, she gave me a special aqueaous cream to wash with, an anti fungal cream, and i wore the softest panty liners i could find.
As soon as dd4 was born it stopped.

4andnotout Tue 09-Jun-09 21:50:42

And my spelling was dreadful in that post blush

2muchinformation Tue 09-Jun-09 21:52:18

stretch no not smelly, bit itchy but mainly as its a bit 'damp'. I like to air it too grin. Not smelly, thankfully!

I guess i am slightly hmm as i have had sugar in my urine, and think this can sometimes indicate a urine infection? Midwife was very 'wait and see' about the sugar, not overly concerned. Also due to being sick a lot, urine release has decreased significantly and i also heard this can increase risk of urine infection?

I only spoke to midwife advice line this morning about a completely different thing, she pretty much called me paranoid, in a nice friendly midwifey way. I am seeing GP tomorrow but i am a bit blush about mentioning it to him.

<sigh> oh its so embarrassing some of this pregnancy malarky isn't it?

2muchinformation Tue 09-Jun-09 21:54:25

thanks 2 that is reassuring, that it was nothing serious and went straight after. Varicose veins? Were they painful? They sound it.

Stretch Tue 09-Jun-09 21:56:35

I would mention it to him. Get him to do a swab. I know it's blush but trust me, it's better than having an infection go untreated.

Try to drink lots of water, keep a bottle nearby. Cystitis is also common in pregnancy and very painful. I got cystitis because of not drinking enough fluid (being very sick).

ALL of pregnancy is blush Is this your first? All modesty goes out of the window!grin

2muchinformation Tue 09-Jun-09 22:01:36

No its my second. But memory has a good habit of editing out the embarrasing bits doesn't it? I am sure I did not get this with my last pg though.

4andnotout Tue 09-Jun-09 22:03:50

The veins were horrendous, it was so painful i couldn't walk or sit down and it looked (and felt) like i had been kicked in the fanjo. It was black and blue shock

Stretch Tue 09-Jun-09 22:05:35

Actually, I didn't have any of this with my first. hmm Just the rest!
Memory also edits out the painful bits too!!! grin

How far are you?

I had a terrible time with my first labour and suddenly, half way through my 2nd pg, I remembered how bad it had been!shock I couldn't believe I was about to do it again!!grin
(It was fine though!)

2muchinformation Tue 09-Jun-09 22:37:18

17 weeks. been pretty bloody awful this time round so far.

browntrout Wed 10-Jun-09 19:05:57

2much - are you sure it isn't thrush? Sounds a bit like it (speaking from painful and bitter experience). I had it throughout my first pregnancy and, joy of joys, have just got it again (am 19 weeks). Speak to the MW (they can usually detect it from your wee) and get some Canestan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now