Talk

Advanced search

I am completely confused!

(18 Posts)
Nat777 Tue 10-May-05 13:07:35

I am fairly new to the site, although I have posted a few times and I do find the site very interesting and helpful but there is one thing I just dont get......

....please dont laugh!

But what do all the abbreviations mean? DH? D? DP? etc etc. It is obvious that it is in realtion to Husband etc but I am not entirely sure exactly which mean what.

Please help! (I wasnt sure where to post this)

clary Tue 10-May-05 13:09:53

Nat there is an acronym list, just click on the header at the top of the page. But DH is dear husband, dd dear daughter, ds dear son, etc etc

PiccadillyCircus Tue 10-May-05 13:09:55

Hi Nat and welcome to Mumsnet . DH is dear/darling husband, DP is partner, DS son, DD daughter etc. There is an acronym list you can get to in the Useful stuff at the top of the page which helps as well.

There's still some abbreviations I don't know .

lou33 Tue 10-May-05 13:09:57

there is an acronym link at the top of the page, which explains them (well most of them)

tiffini Tue 10-May-05 13:10:24

click on Acronym List near top of the page, that will tell you

Nat777 Tue 10-May-05 15:39:47

Ah ha! Thanks so much!

Surfermum Tue 10-May-05 15:42:14

Hi Nat and welcome! You'll get so used to using these abbreviations too that you'll start using them in RL (real life)!

Someone wrote that when I was new on mumsnet and I thought yeh, right, saddo, that won't happen to me .

sweetheart Tue 10-May-05 15:42:56

Nat - when are you due??? There are lots of "clubs" depending on when your baby is due.

I'm assuming your pregnant seeing as you posted this in pregnancy!!!

FLUM Tue 10-May-05 15:43:10

dwoeh

dear w*nker of an ex-husband

Nat777 Tue 10-May-05 17:11:54

Thanks for the replies, your right I am pregnant, with my first!

I am 26 weeks and my due date is Aug 15th. I have had a pretty terrible pregnancy so far, but am very happy and am looking forward to her arrival!

hoolie Tue 10-May-05 18:21:19

HI,I'M NOT DUE ON UNTIL SATURDAY 14th,HAVE BEEN TRYING FOR A BABY AND HAVE DONE SIX HOME TESTS AND ALL ARE POSSATIVE ALSO PUT ONE IN AT THE DOCTORS ON MONDAY GOT RESULTS TODAY AND WAS NEGATIVE.WHAT IS GONING ON.SHOCK

coppertop Tue 10-May-05 18:31:52

Hoolie - When I first realised I was pregnant with ds2 I went to see the GP. She told me that she had to send a sample away to the lab to be tested but that the lab was notorious for messing it up. The GP told me that if the lab result came back negative she would just go by the results of the home pregnancy tests I'd already done. Yep, I was confused by that one too!

hoolie Tue 10-May-05 18:42:29

COPPERTOP= THE NURSE DID SAY THAT THE HOME TESTS WERE BETTER THAN THE HOSPITAL,SO I GUESS I'M PREGNANNT THEN

Nat777 Tue 10-May-05 19:01:12

My GP didnt even test me, she said that the home tests are so good these days that there is no point in sending off a urine sample.

So fingers crossed for you!

hoolie Tue 10-May-05 19:16:37

THANKS NAT777 THIS IS MY THIRD,TWO GIRLS MAYBE A BOG THIS TIME FINGERS CROSSED

chipmonkey Tue 10-May-05 19:23:29

Hoo;ie, you do mean a boy, don't you?

chipmonkey Tue 10-May-05 19:23:59

And I meant Hoolie!

hoolie Tue 10-May-05 19:33:16

YES I MENT BOY.MY GIRLS ARE LOVLY BUT BOY WOULD BE NICE.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now