Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

sex in pregnancy

(11 Posts)
fairywing Tue 09-Jun-09 14:40:37

Ok so this is probably a stupid question but if sex is suppposed to bring on labour then how come it doesn't do this throughout pregnancy?

staylucky Tue 09-Jun-09 14:45:27

Think it only brings it on when you're ready anyway. So probably doesn't actually bring it on maybe just gets things moving faster?

Hawkmoth Tue 09-Jun-09 14:50:29

I think your cervix has to be at a certain 'ripeness' level before the hormones in semen have any effect.

DV1 Tue 09-Jun-09 19:08:10

I was thinking the same thing as I approach 37 weeks, now wondering whether it will bring it on, dont want it to!

pippa251 Wed 10-Jun-09 08:14:05

my bump goes hard blush when we have sex - am 35+3 weeks - does that mean anything?

Hawkmoth Wed 10-Jun-09 09:32:52

pippa251 - orgasm makes the uterus contract, like a Braxton Hicks.

I think it means you're enjoying yourself! wink

pippa251 Wed 10-Jun-09 10:42:51

cool! grin

wraighty Wed 10-Jun-09 11:13:49

well it definately worked with my first at 39 weeks, few hours after and contractions started! Am 35 Weeks with my 2nd pregnancy and will be hoping this will work again as have big babies and don't want to go to far past my due date.

heartmoonshadow Wed 10-Jun-09 11:29:27

Sex in pregnancy you lucky things envy - my hubby is totally off sex and has been ever since I got pregnant - I am not a happy bunny but I am prepared to wait!!!

He also finds my bumps weird and doesn't like to touch it, I know he is excited about the baby - you should see what he has made for it (very handy person can make allsorts out of wood and stuff!) I just wish he wasn't so scared of the bump!

Still nearly over I am 34 weeks so only between 10-12 weeks before I get to be a woman again and not an incubator. grin

DV1 Wed 10-Jun-09 18:18:33

Haha! I know what you mean, mine makes out like he's really up for it but not sure he can go through with it as bump comes in the way!

ErikaMaye Wed 10-Jun-09 21:26:21

Its the hormones in the sperm that are supposed to help induce if you're in the last few weeks.

Ha! Mine will go near me - so long as he's had a few beers. I've gone up a few dress sizes (obvious!) and I think he's a bit shocked... Silly creatures, these men..!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now