Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

38 weeks slowed growth and being induced Aaaarrrrgghhhh

(4 Posts)
16queen Tue 09-Jun-09 08:50:53

I had a growth scan yesterday as the hosp consultant said i was measuring 32 weeks with a tape measure (im 38+1) and it said that baby weighs 5lb 4. Im freaking out as they want to induce me on thurs because growth has slowed -fluid/cord etc all ok and no health problems throughout pregnancy ....my oldest is 14 and weighed 6lb 2 and my youngest is 10 and weighed 8 lb 1 when born!

VJaybigpants Tue 09-Jun-09 09:49:14

I don't have any personal experience of this but my sil did, all 3 of hers grew fine for the 1st half of the pregnancy then seemed to slow down, they were all born weighing between 5 and 6lbs, and all were absolutly fine smile

Blackduck Tue 09-Jun-09 10:03:09

I was small throughout and was induced at 38 weeks (nothing wrong health-wise or with cord etc, they just felt it was probably better out than in....) ds born very rapidly (2 hour labour), weighed 4 11 and was absolutely fine (if tiny). His scores were spot on and no issues...

LeninGrad Tue 09-Jun-09 10:23:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now