Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

reusing mattresses

(3 Posts)
rachels103 Mon 08-Jun-09 17:18:13

I had assumed that I'd buy a new moses basket mattress, but got our old one out today and it's absolutely pristine - ds was only in it for about 6 weeks, it's been in the loft in a fully sealed ziplock bag with a sheet on it and it seems a terrible waste.

Should I still buy a new one?

MadamAnt Mon 08-Jun-09 17:21:42

Hmmm, I'm wondering the same about our cot mattress which has been used for DD and DS (in quick succession), and stored uncovered in our loft. It looks absolutely fine and undusty though, plus it was a removable washable cover.

Oh, I would not hesitate to use your moses basket one though...assuming the age gap between you DCs isn't massive and the mattress hasn't been up there for ten years in which case the plastic might start to biodegrade or something [unscientific paranoia]

susiey Mon 08-Jun-09 20:03:26

we have reused both our cot mattress and moses basket mattress and will do for dc3 ( cooking at mo)

our cot mattress is entirely plastic covered and then has an additional topsheet which can be washed so will definitley reuse this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now