Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

advice please

(2 Posts)
houseofhobnobs Mon 08-Jun-09 15:03:51

hi this is my first post on here and after a bit of advise. according to date and a 28 day cycle i am 7 weeks pg. im normally 35-37 day cycle. anyways, started to bleed over the weekend and had internal scan today. they have said ive not miscarried but there is a lot of blood there. they found pg sac but couldnt see anything in it. i have to wait 2 weeks before they will scan me again. is it possible that maybe im more like 5 weeks pg? my 1st pg i had a scan at 6 and 8 weeks and i had blood in there then but never bled in the pregnancy. im just not sure if i am meant to be happy that i havent miscarried -yet, dont even know if there is a baby in the sac....any advice? thanks

blondissimo Mon 08-Jun-09 16:56:44

Hi, unfortunately I don't have any great advice as I have not been in your exact situation, but I have been through the worry at the start of pregnancy when i bled a little bit and had to be scanned. I only had to wait 3 days, but I was so terrified I was miscarrying and it felt like the longest 3 days ever. This feeling was compounded when the sonographer couldn't find a heartbeat with the external scan, so I was ecstatic when the internal scan revealed a tiny flicker which was my baby's heartbeat.
I now have a bouncing baby boy!
I think if you are worried, then perhaps you could make an appointment with the midwife or GP, just so they can explain things and you can ask questions.
I think that in the medical profession, they must see so many pregnancies and miscarriages, that this sort of situation is almost seen as the norm. I think doctors forget that there are peoples feelings involved.
Do you have support at home? It always helps to talk out loud with people I find.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now