Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Annoyed

(8 Posts)
mummynumnum Mon 08-Jun-09 14:20:45

Just found out pg and need to take fragmin. Cant get appt to Thurs as receptionist says it is non emergency. feel v annoyed. Irrational pg mother or right to be annoyed?

And I have really stick neck?Is this a common early pregnancy complaint? Not one I have read about but in agony? V flushed as well

mummynumnum Mon 08-Jun-09 14:23:39

And can I take ibuleve gel when pregnant?

Dysgu Mon 08-Jun-09 14:38:35

No idea what fragmin is but I was told that Ibuleve Gel (and Ibuprofen) was okay in first 2 trimesters but not in the third as it can cause a heart valve to open or close(can't recall which but is not good!) early!

Not sure that a stiff neck is related - but pregnancy can cause all sorts of changes - my arthritis 0practically disappears most of the time when I am pregnant.

Try again for an appointment if you are worried. A surgery should be happy to give an emergency appointment to a pregnant woman IMO.

craftynclothy Mon 08-Jun-09 14:40:37

Can you not ask if a doctor can call you when they have 5 mins as you need to know if you can take the fragmin? They're happy to do that at our surgery and it saves a trip up there.

scratchet Mon 08-Jun-09 14:41:38

Do not take any ibuprofen or NSAID whilst pregnant. A lot of the anti inflammatory gels contain these x

mummynumnum Mon 08-Jun-09 15:01:22

I have factor v leiden and means prone to blood clotting and can cause miscarriage. Had to be referred to haemotologist last time and had day off today so thats why keen to get docs appt,but got to wait till Thurs unless emergency and life threatening which I was not sure I could say it was!

mummynumnum Mon 08-Jun-09 15:17:18

Got an appointment. Yey!

Owlingate Mon 08-Jun-09 15:36:03

Yey don't worry they won't give me my heparin til after they've done a scan which I didn't get till 7 weeks. Everything seems ok so far now at 15 wks. Hope things go ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now