Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

low risk nuchal combined test but still bit anxious

(5 Posts)
hungrylobster Mon 08-Jun-09 13:31:23

I've had my result back and my risk is 1:310. The nuchal thickness was 3.1mm so that is what has made the risk increase. I know that 1 in 315 is still low risk and you wouldn't bet on a horse with those odds, etc., but I still feel on edge with that nuchal thickness and just can't relax. Just wondering if anyone else had similar risk and worried as much as me. Am I being neurotic?

babyblue3 Mon 08-Jun-09 17:42:15

My risk came back at 1:35 (down from 1:250 due to my age) after nuchal and triple test. I decided to have an amnio and all went well. My baby is fine... as will yours be I am sure. Its a very stressful experience, but try and think positive and have faith. My genetics counsellor said that 1:35 translates to 98% chance of the baby being fine. All the best for a happy and healthy pregnancy

KatyS36 Mon 08-Jun-09 18:31:16

Hi,

I was extremely lucky as mine came back really low risk, however, I had discussed with DH before the test what we were going to do with certain probabilities. I know thats not the same as when it happens but I hope this helps.

We decided that if the risk of a miscarriage through amino was higher than the Downs risk we would not have had amino, i.e. if downs risk less than 1 in 150 (or 1 in 200 in our area) then no further testing. If the Downs risk was higher than this, i.e. greater probability of Downs than a misscarriage, then we would have the test.

Two things we took into consideration, and I realise this may sound brutal, was did we feel we could cope with a Downs child, and likelyhood of me getting pregnant again if we had a misscarriage through the amino.

It's a really personal issue, and I hope all goes well for you.

FabulousBakerGirl Mon 08-Jun-09 18:34:50

What are you anxious about?

alittleteapot Mon 08-Jun-09 21:55:54

That is low risk but if you wanted to get further info I recommend the fetal medicine centre in harley street where they measure lots of other markers too. My risk was brought down from 1 in 86 to 1 in 1619. It could have gone the other way of course but I wanted to have more info and didn't want to have an invasive test.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now